Bleed Cooling System After Rear Heater Core Removal 2003 Suburban

I had to disconnect and drain my rear heater core to remove and change the expansion valve on my rear evaporator on my 03 Suburban.
Heater core still looks good.
I have drained about 1 gallon from the system.
I have a venturi coolant tool:
Schwaben Venturi Purge Tool
I was hoping to avoid draining the entire system (Only because I feel like my coolant will become contaminated as it drains over and around surrounding hoses, suspension and chassis parts). I don't want to replace all the coolant, since it still clean. Coolant was changed 2 years ago when I replaced the water pump.
Is there another way to bleed the rear lines and rear heater core to eliminate any potential for air pockets without draining down the system?

Like atikovi mentioned you don’t need to drain fully to use the Venturi method. I have a UView Airlift tool and on jobs that require partial fills, you can still use it. The Venturi effect will only evacuate the air that is in the system and not the fluid.

You don't need the system completely empty to use that tool, just low enough so that it doesn't suck up any coolant.
You know originally I was going to ask that question, but then deleted that question after I saw the Schwaben instructions which clearly state.
"NOTE: This tool is designed to refill the cooling system AFTER it has been drained"
I would love to use this system to do top-offs, but not sure why this one has bold and capital letters in the instructions stating otherwise:
Schwaben Venturi Instructions

You don't need the system completely empty to use that tool, just low enough so that it doesn't suck up any coolant.
Not true - they don't work very well on partially filled systems. You really need the system to be at least 75% drained for it to be most effective.

Back