Blackstone and USPS slow delivery

Got a Blackstone info email today, had a link to here.
Short version:
Apparently the slow delivery of samples was caused by the USPS. Apparently BS had to take it to the USPS in DC to get it fixed.

If you have old sample kits, use this form to order the updated address labels etc.

I've been saying this for months/years now. Mail them in some sort of a bag (an old Amazon bag) or in a small box... and they'll get delivered in just a few days. Glad someone finally figured it out in Fort Wayne...

Last edited:
I've been saying this for months now. Mail them in some sort of a bag (an old Amazon bag) or in a small box... and they'll get delivered in just a few days. Glad someone finally figured it out in Fort Wayne...
When I sold a few things on eBay, it was slower to ship Priority than it was to ship first class in an Amazon envelope.

When I sold a few things on eBay, it was slower to ship Priority than it was to ship first class in an Amazon envelope.
When the USPS people see that Amazon padded envelope with the light blue printing on it, it sails right on through... :) _They_don't_care_ what is inside of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I learned the hard way too. It took around six weeks to go the couple of hundred miles to FTW.

I also had my Passport renewal take 31 days to get to Philadelphia via Priority Mail.

Use other carriers.

Have the same issue mailing using Oil Analyzers. I figured my sample got lost, but two months later I get an email with my report. UPS is a better option as well. At least you can track it.

If you have old sample kits, use this form to order the updated address labels etc.
Is this to get the new square bottles with pre-paid labels?

I'm currently waiting to hear about a sample I sent a couple weeks ago. Silly me threw caution to the wind and forgot to write down the tracking number. So far no news is no news.

The exception is if you take a Cologuard "Test Kit" to UPS or Fed Ex for shipment. It has Cologuard written all over the box, so everyone in the place knows your shipping a box full of crap....... Literally. They'll move that thing through at the speed of light!

The exception is if you take a Cologuard "Test Kit" to UPS or Fed Ex for shipment. It has Cologuard written all over the box, so everyone in the place knows your shipping a box full of crap....... Literally. They'll move that thing through at the speed of light!
TMI... :poop: :poop: :poop:

...At least you can track it.

You can track the Blackstone ones.

I scan the bar codes with the USPS app, but you can type it into the website too.

I could have told them anything but the black bottle was quicker - I have done that same experiment myself...

Is this to get the new square bottles with pre-paid labels?

I'm currently waiting to hear about a sample I sent a couple weeks ago. Silly me threw caution to the wind and forgot to write down the tracking number. So far no news is no news.
I think it's the prepaid labels to stick on existing bottles, plus the envelope. With the envelope I don't think it matters if you have the round or square.

Well the tyvek envelope does in fact move faster... (no surprise)

Their turn around from the time the sample arrives keeps degrading though... this last one is over a week... Price keeps going up, service keeps going down ... not good...

My turn around time was 17 days which is quite acceptable. I used the Black square container Blackstone gave me for sending. I do hand carry it to the PO and hand it to a person so there is no question that the sample is accepted. Ed

In my experience the tyvek envelopes are hit and miss. I think I've used them 4 times now. 2 times they delivered within 5 days (no deviation from USPS tracking). The other two times, USPS tracking stopped updating for several days while it said "In transit, arriving late." I think the only way to guarantee a timely delivery is to pay for your own shipping. I've used USPS Priority in a cardboard box several times and it always delivered within 3 days.

Does Blackstone email the results or even let you know they have your sample or is a sneak attack of results thru the mail?
They email your results. You can also log into their site to check your previous results with them (if you have any). If you want to know when they get your sample, write down the tracking number before you ship your sample and just see when it's delivered.

Back