black Honda, needs full correction... advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With these (Meguairs UC and SwirlX) and a cheap walmart 6" wax spreader; aren't you thirsty for some orange juice now?

5aCunZR.jpg

My advice is experiment on small section at a time with different pads until you get what you want. With the DA it is almost impossible to screw it up and do any harm to your paint. A rotary on the other hand......

Pictures... as promised. A little tardy, I'll admit.

Process-
1st step, HD black lambswool pad/ M100
2nd step, B&S 5.5" Orange pad/ M100
3rd step, B&S 5.5" Black pad/ HD Polish
LSP- HD Poxy

Typical conditions of paint around car...

This shows 1 section pass with HD black lambswool 5.1" pad and M100. I was very impressed with this combo.

Two more shots... pre & post wool pad and M100

Vehicle completed...

The bad news.. after the 1st compounding step... the signs of clear coat failure where on every horizontal panel. Small crow's feet are everywhere... lots of what appears to be solvent popping throughout as well. The paint was insanely soft! I had to re-polish MANY sections due to my MF towels (which aren't cheap ones... they are Adams' Double Soft) scratching the paint.

Last edited:
From a sow's ear to a silk purse! The transformation is both amazing and impressive. Well done, you've earned the flowers
thankyou2.gif

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
My advice is experiment on small section at a time with different pads until you get what you want. With the DA it is almost impossible to screw it up and do any harm to your paint. A rotary on the other hand......

I know of very experienced detailers who have screwed-up paint very quickly with a Rupes 21.

Thin paint is very prevalent these days. Be very careful with compounding, even with a DA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back