Black+Decker LCS1020 cordless chainsaw

I don't know how old you or your parents are. But if you are an adult living not under their roof, its honesty time. Tell them it's a crappy saw , only good for twigs and you are not wasting time using it. They need a tree service or you can rent a decent quality gas saw and have it done in an hour or so.

It's a little bit more complicated because when I had tough times they helped me out. So yeah they can lay a huge guilt trip on me. At this point they know it sucks. They've seen it in action and how fast it craps out. It's good for occasional work like cutting off a few pieces of wood for a fire or a few limbs - especially where a cord is inconvenient. Maybe I could press them to get a corded saw since they're not paying hundreds for a tree service to remove it. I'm definitely not going to buy one for them.

BTW - I mentioned that it wasn't going to work out, and on top of it they have a rather large chunk that's a bit too large for a 10". They went out and got a Homelite 14" corded chainsaw. Hope it works better.

Back