BITOG Collective Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Moondawg
I have heard it said that the posters on this forum represent the accumulated wisdom about oil and oil/engine related subjects. I believe it.

Most definitely not. I was at an industry event recently where someone from a major additive company spoke quite disparagingly against BITOG. And while there are many of us who do our best to contribute in a positive way, there are many others who equally have not the technical expertise, but the collective wisdom of trying many brands and types of oil in loads of vehicles.

I will be the first to say I don't know everything about oil and oil/engine related subjects. But I can say that being a part of this forum has spurred me to learn more and even though I work in the industry, there are things that come up here that helps me think differently about end users.

Originally Posted By: ndfergy
In no particular order there are many contributors I've learned a lot from:

Molakule, Solarent, SonofJoe, Shannow, Brocluno, Garak, Doug Hillary, John Browning, Gokham, G-man, Terry Dyson, SR5, Johnny, jrustles, A.Harmon, plus many more I can't name off the top of my head.

You've been around here a while then despite your new user name.

jrustles? That was an epic meltdown. You were here for that?

Originally Posted By: Solarent
I have heard it said that the posters on this forum represent the accumulated wisdom about oil and oil/engine related subjects. I believe it.

Most definitely not. I was at an industry event recently where someone from a major additive company spoke quite disparagingly against BITOG. And while there are many of us who do our best to contribute in a positive way, there are many others who equally have not the technical expertise, but the collective wisdom of trying many brands and types of oil in loads of vehicles.

I will be the first to say I don't know everything about oil and oil/engine related subjects. But I can say that being a part of this forum has spurred me to learn more and even though I work in the industry, there are things that come up here that helps me think differently about end users.

01.gif

Don't believe it!
grin2.gif
lol.gif
crazy2.gif
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
kschachnYou've been around here a while then despite your new user name. Never boring around here with the endless parade of "new" posters... [/quote said:
Simply pay them no mind. Nothing makes them more furious or angry.

You have been lied to.

Originally Posted By: LaCocina27
Why do you think we mention it?

When they get furious it becomes more obvious to everyone who they are.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Why do you think we mention it?

When they get furious it becomes more obvious to everyone who they are.

edited because this is confusing
confused.gif
Who is furious? You gave me a warm welcome, now you speak in riddles. Are you The Riddler? Do you take issue with what I said? What are you even saying? I think it's funny when people try to bring others down. Are you a miserable person, who gets mad when paid no mind?

Think the collective wisdom is fine and there is often a mix of folks on all website forums. The “been there and done that” posts are just as valuable to me as a tech post … and surely beats yet another debate on the word “synthetic” ...

But the posts here are often like emails where the majority of them are sent for clarification of the prior one sent ... folks are quick to respond instead of asking more about what was meant … they want to showcase talent by correcting something they took wrong to start with … then comes the drama …

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Do you take issue with what I said?
I think it's more of an issue with who you are.
wink.gif

That's open to interpretation, lol. I am nobody special. I am an oil enthusiast. Are you an Audi enthusiast?

Some people know the information. Some people think they know the information and most just regurgitate marketing claims. This proves marketing works.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Think the collective wisdom is fine and there is often a mix of folks on all website forums. The “been there and done that” posts are just as valuable to me as a tech post … and surely beats yet another debate on the word “synthetic” ...

But the posts here are often like emails where the majority of them are sent for clarification of the prior one sent ... folks are quick to respond instead of asking more about what was meant … they want to showcase talent by correcting something they took wrong to start with … then comes the drama …

Any post that isn't judgmental or like a jump to conclusions mat is a good post.

He's back. I hope things went well at the jail/mental hospital.

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
He's back. I hope things went well at the jail/mental hospital.
wink.gif

JcCadilliacMobile Start 02/04/10 End 05/11/10 Posts 356
OilBlazer93 Start 05/17/10 End 05/27/10 Posts 39
HomerJ5w40 Start 05/31/10 End 06/09/10 Posts 45
HangerHarley Start 06/10/10 End 12/27/10 Posts 1239
45ACP Start 04/03/11 End 03/26/12 Posts 1271
Gearheadtool Start 03/31/12 End 02/27/13 Posts 1711
technologs Start 04/03/13 End 10/27/13 Posts 2606
MalfunctionProne Start 11/26/14 End 02/19/15 Posts 1499
InfmousCornholio Start 4/22/15 End 09/26/15 Posts 686
GHT Start 9/26/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 0
Ratchetgrinder Start 10/07/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 105
BreakerBreaker Start 11/28/15 End 12/25/15 Posts 123
Supercalifragili Start 12/25/15 End 1/4/16 Posts 74
Brasileno Start 1/4/16 End 2/5/16 Posts 226
HazardousGorilla Start 2/18/16 End 4/10/16 Posts 156
Spillips Start 4/11/16 End 5/2/16 Posts 92
Turbo_Lemming Start 4/23/16 End 5/9/16 Posts 138
Prune_Juice Start 05/17/16 End 6/23/16 Posts 389
OilyWaterMIXER Start 6/24/16 End 7/20/16 Posts 174
TheExpectorate Start 7/18/16 End 8/23/16 Posts 51
ShamusEgg Start 7/21/16 End 7/22/16 Posts 9
Corndogzombie Start 7/24/16 End 8/14/16 Posts 125
HotDog15 Start 7/25/16 End 8/1/16 Posts 22
Bandita Start 8/24/16 End 8/24/16 Posts 1
Eternal Start 8/25/16 End 9/4/16 Posts 9
QuinZ Start 7/29/16 End 11/1/16 Posts 56
Fo_Fool Start 11/21/16 End 11/21/16 Posts 2
Buhwheat Start 03/12/17 End 03/14/17 Posts 80
ComeOn Start 04/14/17 End 04/20/17 Posts 9
Plaguef Start 04/21/17 End 09/15/17 Posts 73
OhOMG Start 09/11/17 End 10/28/17 Posts 74
LaCocina27 Start 10/29/17

wink.gif

Dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
I think that's giving a significant number of folks credit when none is due.

Get this man a beer!
01.gif

There is plenty to be learned here, although you sometimes need to read between the lines.
This site has its share of know it alls who really know nothing but there are also members with real expertise or decades of experience who can lend some insights as to what works and what doesn't.
As with anything in print or on the WWW, you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.
It's up to you as a user to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back