Bike Ticket: Ran Stop Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, again. Where do you go on these little leaves of absence?

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
What about the black helicopter, where did it go when you turned into the nursery?
You did not see or hear the 'copter? They are that good! Makes the CIA, FBI, ICE, KGB, and all the former Soviet Policija look lame!
No coincidence, it was a LEO folowing.....you are seen as a "troublemaker", a disrespector of law, a menace to society, a hoodlum, and to top it off, you ride a bicycle!
Top of the most wanted list for you ...... sad, so sad.
You will be a wanted man forever, known as the "Chupacabra Bikemeister"!
Whatever you do, do not join up with a biker gang and visit Waco.
The no-show deputy, he got what he wanted....not to enforce the law, but only to cause you some grief, happens all the time. Glad you went all the way with it!!!

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
I get the impression he thought I was challenging his authority.

Sounds like he suits up for this every working morning.

If I told you, well, you know.....
(if you can keep a secret, I have been piloting quiet, black helicopters, hovering over bicycle riders, looking for traffic infractions)

??????????

I think he was attempting to answer kschachn's post at the top of the page and trying to be funny.

Good Job, and glad your case was dismissed. That seemed completely unnecessary.

I too was followed by a cop recently. From my neighborhood, right up to the entrance to the local airport. At which point, my gate card let me in and he turned around. Annoying, for sure. Thank goodness for cruise control and complete stops. Annoyingly, he was following way too closely.

Had he followed me to my aircraft hangar, I was going to offer a flight. No sense in being a jerk.

I'm glad this whole mess is over, I'm not out $300 bucks, my driving record remains clean, my sled insurance won't go up over a bicycle ride and I'm done with dealing with the county legal dept.

I never read any info of what your insurance agent said about getting traffic infraction points on a bicycle. Apparently it's true that getting a ticket on a bicycle is the same as getting a ticket in a motor car? - even though nobody needs a driver's license or insurance to operate a bicycle on the road.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Good Job, and glad your case was dismissed. That seemed completely unnecessary.

I too was followed by a cop recently. From my neighborhood, right up to the entrance to the local airport. At which point, my gate card let me in and he turned around. Annoying, for sure. Thank goodness for cruise control and complete stops. Annoyingly, he was following way too closely.

Had he followed me to my aircraft hangar, I was going to offer a flight. No sense in being a jerk.

That's a clever trick I see around here, too...cop tailgates somebody hoping they will speed up so he can give them a speeding ticket.
When they finally give up on the ruse, the cop rarely signals before they turn off or pull a sudden u turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back