Biggest AC Delco/Fram Ultra for GM LSA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the largest filter that will physically fit on a GM LSA engine? Factory filter is the AC Delco PF48 and I know that the AC Delco PF63 filter with work just fine with no clearance issues. AC Delco and GM lube Engineers states that the PF63 is fine to use in any application that calls for a PF48 filter.

Is there an even longer AC Delco filter I can safely run that will physically fit without the filter hanging down past the oil pan. There seems to be plenty of room to run a 5" to 6" filter without any clearance issues.

My 2014 CTS-V calls for a Fram Ultra XG 10060 filter (AC Delco PF48 equivalent), but I picked up some Fram Ultra XG 10575 (AC Delco PF63 equivalent.) I was wondering what is the largest Fram Ultra filter I can run that will physically fit and safely run without the filter hanging down past the oil pan. The XG 10575 while being bigger than the XG 10060 still seems smaller than the AC Delco PF63 filter. Anyone know any info?

Last edited:
I would check out the Baldwin B281 oil filter to see if it meets your needs.
3 11/16" X 5 3/8" if it fits and still filters down to the same level as the stock filter I would use it. But check with Baldwin first.

ROD

I don't think there are any. A PH2 is the same thread and gasket, but is a bigger diameter. Also, I think the bypass on the 10060/10575 is higher.
My mother's Ford Fusion calls for the 10575 but I use a PH2 on it, so YMMV.
IIRC, though, the oil pan on the LS motors wraps around the filter so there isn't room to go larger diameter.

Originally Posted By: rrounds
I would check out the Baldwin B281 oil filter to see if it meets your needs.
3 11/16" X 5 3/8" if it fits and still filters down to the same level as the stock filter I would use it. But check with Baldwin first.

ROD

That looks like its a ginormous version of the PH2. I don't think it will work for the same reason the PH2 will not.

Last edited:
I have tried to find a larger filter than what Fram shows as the Ultra for my LS1, which in other brands is the 'truck' filters (4.8/5.3/6.0 LSx type engines).

But Fram lists the same exact, small, standard, Ultra for those truck apps as well, so I don't know that they even offer a larger ULTRA filter which would fit and work on my engine??
confused.gif

^ Yeah my Gen-IV LMG just receives the PF48 to PF63 (equivalent) ‘upgrade’ screwed on to the filter pad during OCs.

If and when you guys stumble across a sexy hot rod filter please share that knowledge with the oversized stalwarts!

M1-212.jpg

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I have tried to find a larger filter than what Fram shows as the Ultra for my LS1, which in other brands is the 'truck' filters (4.8/5.3/6.0 LSx type engines).

But Fram lists the same exact, small, standard, Ultra for those truck apps as well, so I don't know that they even offer a larger ULTRA filter which would fit and work on my engine??
confused.gif

LS1s took the PF44 filter which was revised to the PF46 filter, correct? That was a small filter from what I remember from my C5 and C6 Vette days.

I bought 12 PF63 oil filters from rockauto.com for dirt cheap. Nobody seems to have them. They are all PF63E now. At least the PF63 oil filters are much bigger than the PF48 and you can use the PF63 in place of the PF48 filters.

What is the Fram Ultra part number for the LS1s?

One thing I noticed is that the AC Delco PF63 filter is bigger than the Fram Ultra equivalent filter part number which is the XG 10575. I wonder why. Aren't the Fram Ultra filters supposed to be the same size as the factory filters they replace?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE
What is the Fram Ultra part number for the LS1s?

That would be the XG3506.

I just went on the Fram site (only tried the book in the stores before this), and it seems the longer 'truck' equivalent is the XG 3675, which I will try next OCI.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back