Big Foot A/T II Tires

1671155536030.jpg

These are a Big-O exclusive. In the past, rumor is that Cooper made Big-O's tires - is this still the case? If so, I wonder if these are similar to the Discoverer AT3's.

Does anyone have a set?

I don’t know Big O tires, guessing its not over here.
That said, if they are US or Canadian made, I would probably give them a shot for the price (even if they aren’t verified as Cooper). I have used Coopers before with good results. Tire prices are getting crazy.

Cooper does private label many tires.

Might be a stock photo, but DOT 1N traces to TIANJIN KINGS GLORY TIRE CO., LTD.

Those do sure look like a Cooper Discoverer though, but of course tread patterns don't mean much.

Might be a stock photo, but DOT 1N traces to TIANJIN KINGS GLORY TIRE CO., LTD.

Those do sure look like a Cooper Discoverer though, but of course tread patterns don't mean much.
It kinda looks Toyo-ish.

Big O, Midas, Speedee Oil are part of TBC, which is part of Sumitomo. Me thinks Big O would want to source from the mothership in Japan/Indonesia/Thailand.

Off brand A/T tires are never a big enough savings for me to buy them. Save $100 maybe $200 on a set of $800-$1k tires? They usually end up wearing quick or uneven and make your life miserable in my experience.

It depends on the intended use. How will the tires be used and on what vehicle?

As a true off-road tire, I'd give 'em a pass. Over the years that I did serious (by that I mean not just dirt roads) off-highway work, most of us used BFG rubber. There were other brands as well, but I can't recall anyone ever using BigO tires.

Now, if the planned use is looking cool around town, taking some well-groomed dirt roads into the woods for a bit, and plan to keep all four wheels on the ground at all times, why not. They're an OK tire, but not a serious off-highway set of rubber.

A lady was in my local Big O tires complaining how loud they were. YMMV.

View attachment 130945

These are a Big-O exclusive. In the past, rumor is that Cooper made Big-O's tires - is this still the case? If so, I wonder if these are similar to the Discoverer AT3's.

Does anyone have a set?
They seemed to be popular in Wyoming when I lived there several years ago. I would say buy with confidence. They are a BIG O tire, kind of like the "Pathfinder" brand for Discount tire.

Back