BG engine flush de-sludge results

That was a very refreshing video to watch. I felt better just seeing it.

Thankfully I’ll never need to do that for my own cars. Hopefully not for one I purchase either.

I saw the video that preceded this one, where he replaced the valve cover gasket and found the sludge. I can say that there was sludge, but in terms of what we've all seen on the net, the Dart was not going to win any awards for the thickest sludge IMHO.

I do respect the BG product line, if they make something, it usually works as claimed.

I saw the video that preceded this one, where he replaced the valve cover gasket and found the sludge. I can say that there was sludge, but in terms of what we've all seen on the net, the Dart was not going to win any awards for the thickest sludge IMHO.

I do respect the BG product line, if they make something, it usually works as claimed.

I guess my question here is, what oil was used on this Dodge Dart? What were the OCI's and what were the driving habits, short trip, highway driving?

Is there a known issue with this new generation of Dodge Darts?

I am just having a flashback of seeing Dodge Darts from the 1970's

BG engine flush kit. JR said it was pricey. I looked it up a few days ago when I first saw his video and the price is $325.
:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Motormedic is $5. A full oil change of oil is less than $30. It would be cheaper to just do about 1-3 courses of that, even on the same day. Probably just as effective.

:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Motormedic is $5. A full oil change of oil is less than $30. It would be cheaper to just do about 1-3 courses of that, even on the same day. Probably just as effective.
Yes agreed engine flush or Rislone engine treatment qr100 or epr will better cheaper even after 3 oil flush or Rislone treatment .

I trust HPL Engine Cleaner any day over this stuff. It's expensive and only God knows what kind of damage it can do to your engine.

For all the naysayers that always need proof that these sort of products work, you should know that this BG product was used in conjuction with an external filter for sludged (but otherwise undamaged) VW 1.8T engines during that whole debacle.

VW TSB 17 10 02

External Filter

It's expensive but it works.
That's pretty cool. I always thought it was either a gimick or strong chemicals.

Back