BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 initial impressions

After 20,000 miles the OE tires on my Ram, Goodyear Wrangler SR-A’s, were toast. The rears were down to 3-4/32’s and the fronts were at about 7-8/32’s… no I never rotated them. That’s not a fault of the tires, I abused them like they owed me money after the 1st winter but they were terrible in the snow prior to sheer outright abuse. This is also my first truck, so why not a set of all terrains!

Replaced them with a set of KO2’s, LT265/70r17 C1. Was a bit leery going from a P265 to a LT after reading how they can ride harsher but they’re honestly not that much worse than the previous tires. There are some bumps that are definitely more noticeable but it’s not jarring. Very pleased, also passed the wife and infant test… she didn’t mention a change in ride quality and my 4 month old didn’t wake up till we stopped moving.

They’re definitely better in the rain, but I haven’t experienced a heavy rain with them yet. There’s one county road that turns onto a state road on my daily commute that has a seemingly permanent puddle that’s very gravely underneath that my truck used to struggle with, today I didn’t notice any wheel slip at all. They’re also way quieter than I was expecting. They have a tiny bit of tread growl/noise at about 35-45 but I only notice it with the radio off and the window down.

Waiting for some snow for the real test… can I get out of my own driveway in 2WD without snow blowing? Even in 4Hi it struggled with the Goodyears…

So far I like them better than the RT43’s I had on my 300…. But that’s apples to oranges 😉 And please excuse my dirty wheels, I really want a set of bronze wheels but that’s out of the budget for now and the brake dust was just starting to get there
9B825D34-2FF1-472A-8B35-C3F990897CFA.jpeg

Thank you for the review! (y)I'm getting a set for my Mitsubishi soon, since I can no longer get the Michelin Latitude Cross tires I've bought for years.

I had them on my 2002 Silverado with 70k miles on them. I liked them, low noise and did well in the snow up in PA when I went to visit my mom and dad.

I love the BFG's. I had the previous version on my old XJ Cherokee, and even when they were worn down they still performed decent in the snow and rain. I currently have the KO2's on my TJ Wrangler and love them, but it also doesn't see snow.

After 20,000 miles the OE tires on my Ram, Goodyear Wrangler SR-A’s, were toast. The rears were down to 3-4/32’s and the fronts were at about 7-8/32’s… no I never rotated them. That’s not a fault of the tires, I abused them like they owed me money after the 1st winter but they were terrible in the snow prior to sheer outright abuse. This is also my first truck, so why not a set of all terrains!

Replaced them with a set of KO2’s, LT265/70r17 C1. Was a bit leery going from a P265 to a LT after reading how they can ride harsher but they’re honestly not that much worse than the previous tires. There are some bumps that are definitely more noticeable but it’s not jarring. Very pleased, also passed the wife and infant test… she didn’t mention a change in ride quality and my 4 month old didn’t wake up till we stopped moving.

They’re definitely better in the rain, but I haven’t experienced a heavy rain with them yet. There’s one county road that turns onto a state road on my daily commute that has a seemingly permanent puddle that’s very gravely underneath that my truck used to struggle with, today I didn’t notice any wheel slip at all. They’re also way quieter than I was expecting. They have a tiny bit of tread growl/noise at about 35-45 but I only notice it with the radio off and the window down.

Waiting for some snow for the real test… can I get out of my own driveway in 2WD without snow blowing? Even in 4Hi it struggled with the Goodyears…

So far I like them better than the RT43’s I had on my 300…. But that’s apples to oranges 😉 And please excuse my dirty wheels, I really want a set of bronze wheels but that’s out of the budget for now and the brake dust was just starting to get thereView attachment 79584
I loved them on my F-150.. I put on the LT 10 ply version, and the ride was BETTER than stock.

Only drawback is they only lasted, say 25k miles. AND you have to rotate them every 5k, no exceptions.

I like mine so much I'm on my second set. I got 55k out of my first set (could have got another 10k but started to get a little noisy). Exact tire you have (265/70-17 C load) on a 2018 4Runner.

I like mine so much I'm on my second set. I got 55k out of my first set (could have got another 10k but started to get a little noisy). Exact tire you have (265/70-17 C load) on a 2018 4Runner.
HOLY CRAP 55k? Mine were worn out at 25k.. I see your in Arizona and you don't need snow traction. I'm guessing I could have pushed mine to 40k without the snow requirement.

I had a set of these tires back in late 90's early 00's on a Jeep Cherokee that my friends passed around a bit. Those (old compound) tires lasted to over 60k, and were still good for the snow when I sold it.

HOLY CRAP 55k? Mine were worn out at 25k.. I see your in Arizona and you don't need snow traction. I'm guessing I could have pushed mine to 40k without the snow requirement.

I had a set of these tires back in late 90's early 00's on a Jeep Cherokee that my friends passed around a bit. Those (old compound) tires lasted to over 60k, and were still good for the snow when I sold it.
I'm actually in northern Missouri and see a fair amount of snow every year. With snow and ice on the ground I'll air down to around 32-33psi and around 36-37psi when dry.
I'm very easy on my tires. You'd think owning a 4Runner I'd be off-roading on the weekends but she's an absolute road queen. I can't even remember driving on a gravel road. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. And very disciplined about rotating every 5-7.5k miles.

I'm actually in northern Missouri and see a fair amount of snow every year. With snow and ice on the ground I'll air down to around 32-33psi and around 36-37psi when dry.
I'm very easy on my tires. You'd think owning a 4Runner I'd be off-roading on the weekends but she's an absolute road queen. I can't even remember driving on a gravel road. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. And very disciplined about rotating every 5-7.5k miles.
I used to rock crawl, pond hop, go on trails for miles.. I was young and dumb, caused so many problems on my jeeps.. Now if I off-road its to find a place to shoot, or screw!

I kept mine at 36psi on dry roads, or rather the spring summer fall. I too aired down to 33psi in the winter. The tires were amazing, and shocked the hell out of me. Last winter we had something like a 27" storm, and I didn't even need 4wd to get out of my unplowed driveway. Pricey tires, worth every penny if you get into the ****.

Really like how the lugs go down the sidewall half way to the wheel, good protection and looks B/A. (y)
Until you get them muddy and have to clean that out with a toothbrush. Then again, high clay soil here, some areas have dirt not as resistant to a hose nozzle.

Until you get them muddy and have to clean that out with a toothbrush. Then again, high clay soil here, some areas have dirt not as resistant to a hose nozzle.
I never had that problem in the mud with mine.. I mean, they were stained with dirt, but it didn't bother me at all. Yeah if you want clean tires, you'd be at the spray and wash after mudding, but I'd be there anyway washing the undercarriage anyway.

I never had that problem in the mud with mine.. I mean, they were stained with dirt, but it didn't bother me at all. Yeah if you want clean tires, you'd be at the spray and wash after mudding, but I'd be there anyway washing the undercarriage anyway.
Doesn't have to be off-road mudding at all, just driving through any random puddle, wet dirt road, dirty snow, whatever, leaves grime in them. Yes I like my tires clean on the sidewalls, also helps to see any sidewall aging/rotting/damage/etc. in addition to matching rest of vehicle after washed.

On the other hand if mudding was a priority, sure the extended blocks even down onto the sidewall help a little before jumping all the way to a mudder tire, but that last inch on those is mostly for decoration.

That is one heck of a beefy tire in my opinion only suitable for an avid offroader. They are awesome tires, have been for decades with the exception of a run of severely out of round batches off and on. I'd go with one of their milder treads on anything not seeing mud or rocks at least every other month.

end of irrelevant opinion 😁

Anything is better than a Goodyear. Never understood why so many of the trucks come with Goodyear Wrangler. My buddy just put these tires on his 1986 Bronco II he said it’s like riding on clouds. Amazingly the tires he took off from 1993 didn’t blow up haha. They were dry rotted so bad they kept loosing air towards the end. His are LT235/75R15 I ordered them for him thru my work to get a discount.

Anything is better than a Goodyear. Never understood why so many of the trucks come with Goodyear Wrangler. My buddy just put these tires on his 1986 Bronco II he said it’s like riding on clouds. Amazingly the tires he took off from 1993 didn’t blow up haha. They were dry rotted so bad they kept loosing air towards the end. His are LT235/75R15 I ordered them for him thru my work to get a discount.
The tires are the cheapest brand name they could get

I'm about to put some Cooper AT3 XLTs on my Tundra tomorrow - stock tires lasted 25k miles. In researching new tires I read lots of great reviews about the KO2's. Good luck!

Some truck forums whine on about K02's sucking in the rain. I have not found this to be the case at all. Mud, rocks, floods, gravel, wet, dry, freeway, driveway - mine have been great for 3 years.

Back