BFGoodrich Advantage t/a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a ton of love/reviews for BFG here on bitog so I will. I installed these touring tires on my my daily drivers cts and have driven for about 1k miles now. I know it's still early in the game, but so far so good. Very good grip (dry), nice and quiet, and smooth ride. Got all 4 for $400 out the door w/c is just an OK deal. If I can get 45k miles on them, I'll be ok w that. Made in USA stamped on the tires

Last edited:
Nice. I've had very good luck with BFGs. My previous tires were BFG All-Terrain K/O's which were awesome, and my dad has the All-Terrain KO2's on his Grand Cherokee now. They have 20k on them and look brand new still. Very impressed with the ride and handling of the KO2's considering how aggressive they are.

I think $400 including tax, mounting & balancing for brand-name 16" tires is a great deal!

You're right there's not a lot of chatter on BFG beyond AT-KO/AT-KO2's. When I go tire shopping (for non-A/T tires), BFG's usually end up in the middle of the list for price/performance. But that's not terrible- I'd rather have a 25K mile BFG then a 60K Michelin.

Keep us posted!

I haven't had them personally, but my brother's had a couple of sets. Other than poor snow & ice performance (which obv. won't be a southern Cali problem), he had pretty good luck with them. HangFire-FYI, Michelin actually makes BFG!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
FYI, Michelin actually makes BFG!

crazy2.gif

now I've heard everything!

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

crazy2.gif

crazy2.gif

Michelin owns BFGoodrich. I don't know if they make BFG tires

I have the BFG Sport comp 2 summer tires (275-40-17). Fully installed, balanced, and thrust aligned for $555 out the door. Was able to apply double $70 mfg rebates to them.
wink.gif

crazy2.gif

It's been a few years-
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/09/23/business/michelin-to-acquire-uniroyal-goodrich.html
Roughly 28 to be exact-if anything they raised BFG's game, esp. in the commercial L/T tires, like the Commercial & Traction T/A. I might have mis-spoke slightly, I know Michelin owns BFG, I'm not sure how much they influence BFG's production.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back