BFG Advantage T/A SPORT LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with this tire? Still shopping for my Santa Fe, 235/60-18.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tir...sultList=&zipCode=98038#prod_onglets

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Advantage+T%2FA+Sport+LT&partnum=36VR8ATASLT&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

What I like about this tire:

Price - very affordable at Discount Tire
Mileage warranty - 60k mi
3PMS - winter weather rated 'all weather' tire
Full depth tread features/siping. I like how that appears to help the tire maintain traction throughout the tire's life.

What I don't like:

No reviews that I can find.

So, does anyone have any info?

Last edited:
What are you looking for in the tire?
The Cooper CS5 in that size seem to be a really good deal, if you are looking for a touring tire. For an all season sports tire they are probably reasonably priced. For the same amount of money, the continentals are a 90,000 mile tire. I think there are better tires, unless your are specifically shopping BFG/Sport tires.

My Santa Fe is AWD.

In my neck of the woods, if it does snow, it turns to ice within an hour. But it happens maybe a total of 3-5 day/ year. So I would ideally like something with awesome snow traction, but not a snow tire that is terrible the other 360 days of the year.

Right now am leaning towards the Continental True Contact. But the Advantage with the 3PMS symbol is interesting.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
What are you looking for in the tire?
The Cooper CS5 in that size seem to be a really good deal, if you are looking for a touring tire. For an all season sports tire they are probably reasonably priced. For the same amount of money, the continentals are a 90,000 mile tire. I think there are better tires, unless your are specifically shopping BFG/Sport tires.

The CS5 is too loud when they wear a bit, IMO.

Caution: They have a "B" rating for traction. I thought only the cheapest of cheapo OEM tires were B rated for traction. Not overpriced aftermarket tires.

I have them on the Mazda. Bought them primarily for the Winter rating, want to see how it holds up in the snow for a daily driver. Got them installed this summer so can't comment on that as of yet. On dry pavement, I have no complaints. Mazda feels just as planted as compared to the OE tires. During wet conditions, there's some slippage that I can detect but not much. I got them from Costco for around $500 installed and with road hazard. I couldn't beat the price so I went with it.

Originally Posted by RamFan
I have them on the Mazda. Bought them primarily for the Winter rating, want to see how it holds up in the snow for a daily driver. Got them installed this summer so can't comment on that as of yet. On dry pavement, I have no complaints. Mazda feels just as planted as compared to the OE tires. During wet conditions, there's some slippage that I can detect but not much. I got them from Costco for around $500 installed and with road hazard. I couldn't beat the price so I went with it.

Well, if they slip in the rain, I will pass. It rains a bunch here in the Great NorthWet....

Originally Posted by Voleak
Caution: They have a "B" rating for traction. I thought only the cheapest of cheapo OEM tires were B rated for traction. Not overpriced aftermarket tires.

That doesn't make them a bad tire.....you would be surprised (apparently) how many tires have a "B" rating.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by Voleak

That doesn't make them a bad tire.....you would be surprised (apparently) how many tires have a "B" rating.

I know it is rather common to have a "B" temperature rating, I didn't know it was common to have a "B" traction rating though. I didn't see any other B traction all-season non-oem tires on a search I just finished looking on TR. But, who knows...

Watching the Tire Racks test of the BFG on the wet track, it seems like a bad tire choice for areas that get a good amount of rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back