BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Drive vs ContiContact CC6 205/65 R15

I know this is a US based website, so I am unsure if these tyre models are sold in the US. Currently I have Continential CC6 tyres in 205/65 R15. High performance tyres are unavailable in these sizes, so I just want to find something with better grip than the CC6. The CC6 wet grip is horrible. I locked up the front wheel a few times at only 40kmh and the car still moved a certain distance sliding on the mildly wet road surface. The weather here is always hot or rainy, never any snow.
The tyres only have a little less than 30000km on them, still plenty of tread.
So I have considered a few brands as replacement, Yokohama Blue Earth, Bridgstone Ecopia EP300, Michelin XM2, but these are all eco tyres and grip isn't their forte. So I am left with the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Drive.
1621213532586.jpg

If any of you guys have used this tyre please let me know your opinion/review about it.

Thanks a bunch.

I have these BFG’s on the CX-5. They’re great, with the exception of wet traction. If wet traction is your primary concern, I’d skip them.

In the US, we get the BFG you listed but not that specific Conti tire.

Other good tires you might like:
Goodyear Assurance Duraplus or Triplemax
Goodyear EfficientGrip
Vredestein Sportrac 5
Bridgestone Turanza T005
Pirelli Cinturato P1
Michelin Primacy 4

In the US, we get the BFG you listed but not that specific Conti tire.

Other good tires you might like:
Goodyear Assurance Duraplus or Triplemax
Goodyear EfficientGrip
Vredestein Sportrac 5
Bridgestone Turanza T005
Pirelli Cinturato P1
Michelin Primacy 4
Only the Goodyear Triplemax and none of the others are available in 205/65 R15. Have you heard anything good about the triplemax. How is it compared to the BF Goodrich.

It is hard to help without knowing what is available.
Sometimes the same products (by name) are not exactly the same.

Any local boards in SE Asia? Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines, etc. all share similar condition. But not language and that may be a problem.
Any summer touring tires from 1st tier manufacturers? Or 2nd (Hankook, Nexen, Apollo - that may be 3rd, Kumho, Sumitomo)?

Krzys

Those Advantage T/A DRIVE tires(as mentioned) are a solid tire. I don't know if they are going to have the ultimate grip that you are looking for however, they are a nice tire just the same. The tire that you are showing seems to be called Advantage T/A SPORT on

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Advantage+T/A+Sport

But I am sure they called something different in different world markets and may even have a slightly different but similar tread pattern as well.

Not entirely sure on the differences between the Advantage T/A Sport LT’s I have, the Advantage T/A Sport Char Baby posted, and the Advantage T/A Drive you posted, but we love ours. I’m contemplating a set for my truck I like them so much.

Edit: It appears the LT’s are 3PMSF rated where the non-LT ones are not. The non-LT version also has a slightly longer warranty, up to 70k mile warranty vs 65k.

I believe that the T/A SPORT LT's have a stiffer sidewall and come in more SUV/Truck sizes with only similar tread pattern. They all have that BFG Advantage T/A [similar] tread design depending on world market.

We have the TA sport LTs on a 2015 CRV and we like them. They are on my wife’s car and she Really likes them. They grip very well and have good dynamics. Reviews vary on noise level, but in our crv which is naturally noisy, they haven’t added much - I’d say they are still on the quieter side. They seem middle of the road in wet…. Far better than Firestone destination LE2 that were on previously, but not as good as the continentals we have on my truck or the bridgestone potenza we have on the Lexus. The BFGs don’t hydroplane but are prone to spinning out or just slipping. When I’ve driven them in the rain they seem to have more issues accelerating than braking, but the gearing in the crv throws a lot of torque down coming off the line, so it’s not entirely just the tire. It’s a fun dry tire, however, with a good bit of handling dynamics without being harsh.

I also have a friend with them on a daily driven corvette. They may be his favorite at this point. I highly considered them on the Lexus because they’ve been good on the crv.

Last edited:
After taking into consideration tread pattern, I went ahead and bought some new older stock Pirelli P6 summer tyres . There are no all seasons tires here. I got the P6s for a great price.
Shown here are the old Conti CC6s
1625491237324.jpg

and below the Pirelli P6 asian version
1625491311789.jpg

This tread pattern looks like its better at throwing water out. I noticed the P6s have better grip in the wet, when reversing into my sloped cement driveway in the rain, I didnt spin my rear tyres. And I hard braked in the rain, the car stopped without sliding. Another thing I noticed is the sidewall bulge on the P6 is far less. The old tyres bulge a lot even at 240kpa, but the P6s bulge wayy less even at 220kpa.

Back