Assurance WeatherReady vs. Advantage T/A Sport LT

I currently have a set of Advantage T/A Sport LTs on the CX-5 and love them. With the very big exception of wet driving. Traction in wet conditions is markedly worse than the stock Yokos, but the traction in the snow is so much better, that I thought I could live with it. Well I was wrong.

I’m thinking of making the switch to the Assurance WeatherReady, due to them also having the 3PMSF. Anyone here have experience?

if you want all-weather tire there are about 10 to choose from now.. why restrict yourself to good4ayr.

I like those BFGs. Good handling tire, but agree they get slicker in the rain than I like. most of the GY tires I’ve owned were no better in the rain once they had some miles on them, so I wouldn’t recommend GY. We’ve had better luck in general with continentals retaining rain traction over time.

if you want all-weather tire there are about 10 to choose from now.. why restrict yourself to good4ayr.

There actually aren’t many to choose in 225/65-17. The reviews on the Cooper option seem to put wet traction on par with the BFGs. I did see that since I previously bought, Michelin makes the CrossClimate SUV Which scored very well with TireRack.

The venerable General Altimax RT43 and Continental Crosscontact LX25 tires are available in your size. Tirerack rates the Continental Crosscontact LX25 slightly higher than the Michelin Crossclimate, and are about $30 cheaper per tire.

I've got a set of the Goodyear weatherreadys for my moms santa fe. I've got no complaints so far, but she's only only had them on for about a year. Feel good on the road, not loud, and great in the snow.

I am actually looking for a tire deal in that exact size for a 2013 equinox.
those BFG are the cheapest I would buy.

The main issue I need addressed is getting up a fairly steep driveway in the winter.

Wish they would throw nokians on a sale. wrg4 in 2seconds if so.

I am actually looking for a tire deal in that exact size for a 2013 equinox.
those BFG are the cheapest I would buy.

The main issue I need addressed is getting up a fairly steep driveway in the winter.

Wish they would throw nokians on a sale. wrg4 in 2seconds if so.

Based on your description I think the BFGs would do well. Snow performance is truly great.

Back