Better strategy to win scratch off lottery tickets?

Not at all. But if you’re trying to develop a strategy to win against a rigged system it’s a waste of time.
Well not really rigged, for instance, its fully disclosed that the mega millions nation lottery, that you have roughly a 1 in 335,000,000 chance of winning the Jackpot *LOL* Oh heck, your odds of not waking up tomorrow morning are far greater! and well, roughly 805,000 out of 350,000,000 will have a heart attack this year.
and over 300,000 people (VERY conservative number) will die because of a mistake made while they are in the hospital.

I do agree with you in case you dont know it... = it's a waste of time.

Thankfully, while working with the lottery I could not play. Nor could anyone living in my household.;)

Saved my kids the temptations and helped them learn.:)

When my company produced tickets, the lottery sent officials there to observe the process and keep it clean. They watched the winning tickets being mixed up with the losers. That was fair. (this was in the USA)

One out of the USA country asked for the winning tickets to be sent in one package, so they could decide where to place the winners.
Thank God my company had the morals to turn that down, and refused the contract. Made me feel better about where I worked!

They're allowed to do that?
I would think so, yes. You still had the same odds of winning for each ticket you purchased.

With pre-printed tickets like this there isn't a drawing at the end to select winners so either you purchased a winning ticket or you didn't. You might complain that you did not have the opportunity to purchase more tickets but the state is likely sponsoring a different game with similar odds.

The folks who consistently play the lottery, are the ones who can least afford to lose! Really sad!
One should always purchase a chance in proportion to the odds of winning. In very low-odds games such as the Mega Millions lottery, purchasing one ticket is statistically similar to purchasing a thousand.

Youtube has a really interviewed a couple about how they won millions, but I don't think it was with scratch tickets. It was a local lottery. I've never seen anything like it.

Well not really rigged, for instance, its fully disclosed that the mega millions nation lottery, that you have roughly a 1 in 335,000,000 chance of winning the Jackpot *LOL* Oh heck, your odds of not waking up tomorrow morning are far greater! and well, roughly 805,000 out of 350,000,000 will have a heart attack this year.
and over 300,000 people (VERY conservative number) will die because of a mistake made while they are in the hospital.

I do agree with you in case you dont know it... = it's a waste of time.
If we played no limit hold ‘em and I get to start out with $355B and you only get to start out with $1 I’d call that rigged. Yeah it’s disclosed but clearly it’s set up for only one winner.

The folks who consistently play the lottery, are the ones who can least afford to lose! Really sad!
Truth! Good friend of mine is always broke and struggles to get by. Single Mother of 5 girls, Dad pays no child support and always has money concerns. Wants food assistance now because she can not make it in her current situation. Good person and would do anything in her power for me if needed, just needs to get her head screwed on straight.

She will now and then get $20 of scratch tickets. Has beer and cigarettes every night. Too lazy to cook and buys pizza, Taco Bell and stuff every night for them to eat. Heck of a worker at her job, failure at home! She will call me almost every night, talk and drink beer. (and I appreciate that)

Some people just don't understand.

A few years ago a 21 year old here in Florida won $15M , yes $15 million from a $30 scratch off ticket.

Its rare but some folks are very lucky to win very big.

A few years ago a 21 year old here in Florida won $15M , yes $15 million from a $30 scratch off ticket.

Its rare but some folks are very lucky to win very big.
Very true. But on the other hand, some will justify buying a hand full of tickets by thinking..this person won big and lives in (fill in the state) …and the vicious cycle continues.

The only "strategy" is check where grand prize tickets were sold on the website which not all do but most. But other than that don't get your hopes up. It's the lottery after all you don't see millionaires that got it from winning it left and right. Some say to buy a ticket who's previous winners has the same code number but that's nonsense.
Yes, it is nonsense. Each drawing is an independent event and every number has the same chance of being drawn as any other number.

Generally scratch off tickets have better odds than Powerball or mega millions. A lucky winner got a $20 million from a $100 scratch off ticket ( has 1:3.7 odds for any price and 1:2million odds for the top prize) in one of the gas station near my house in south Texas. I wanted to buy one ticket at the same gas station but $100 is just too much to swallow, then there is another $30 ticket which has a 1:2.88 odds for any price and 1: 1 million for top prize. This has to be the best odds for any ticket in Texas. I dont hope to win millions but any change will be a good one. There is another $5 scratch off ticket with a top prize of $500 with 1:1000 odds, seems to be a better buy. Anyone has a better approach or strategy for scratch off tickets, besides buy only the tickets with better odds?
I’ll give you far better odds than 1:3.7 of winning something.

For every dollar you send me, I’ll give you 1:2.5 of winning something.

Send as much as you like…

I had a family member who won $10k once on a scratch ticket. She was elated and said things like 'my time has come' and continued to play the lottery because 'someone has to win it'

She may have won $10k but she spend tens of thousands of dollars over the years playing the lottery in various forms. At least $30k before winning the $10k.

The only strategy I am aware of was from several years ago and was due to an oversight when creating the game. Interesting story, really.

Thankfully, while working with the lottery I could not play. Nor could anyone living in my household.;)

Saved my kids the temptations and helped them learn.:)

When my company produced tickets, the lottery sent officials there to observe the process and keep it clean. They watched the winning tickets being mixed up with the losers. That was fair. (this was in the USA)

One out of the USA country asked for the winning tickets to be sent in one package, so they could decide where to place the winners.
Thank God my company had the morals to turn that down, and refused the contract. Made me feel better about where I worked!
SGI?

I had a family member who won $10k once on a scratch ticket. She was elated and said things like 'my time has come' and continued to play the lottery because 'someone has to win it'

She may have won $10k but she spend tens of thousands of dollars over the years playing the lottery in various forms. At least $30k before winning the $10k.
My dad had a landlord, that won $5mil off a $20 scratcher, didn't know the guy before he won, as he purchased my dad's complex because he won, but I'd see him down at the convience store all the time buying hundreds of dollars worth of them, that was in early 2012 he won, by the time I seen him again in 2017 after he sold the apartment complex and my dad had bought a house of his own, he seemed like he was already worse off than he was in 2011 before he won big.

Couple things:

When your state gets a new scratcher buy those tickets during the first week. They "juice" the early releases to build a fan base.

Get a job at a gas station that sells them. Watch the customers and what they buy. Buy yourself a couple when that roll has gone a while without a winner.

Back