Better MPG with pure gas.

Originally Posted by BigCahuna
Other things to try is, pumping up your tire to the max pressure on the sidewalls, checking your brakes to make sure there not dragging and are releasing quickly. Take out any unnecessary weight out of the truck. Check the alignment, and make sure your air filter is new. If all of that is good, that's about as good as it will ever be.,,

I inflate my tires to 2 pounds over sidewall specs. It has worked out for me very well. No odd tire wear.
2 pounds over the max of the tires specs?

2 pounds over the max of the tires specs?
All the testing I've seen over the years there isn't much benefit in fuel mileage pumping the tires over 40 psi. Between say 35 and 40 psi there is a good difference in fuel mileage. 40 to 44 psi maybe a half mpg to three quarters at most.

The biggest issue with pumping the tires to sidewall max is you are beating the suspension to death. Remember tires are suppose to absorb a lot of the bumps in the road not your shocks struts, or bushings.

I should back this up and say I pump them up over the vehicle specs on the tag inside my drivers door.

my honda accord gets better mileage in the warmer weather ..summer gas maybe ?? I would say at least 2-3 miles a gallon which isn't a tremendous amount but I'll take it
2-3 mpg. is great! Even if you were to use winter gas in the summer you'd get better mileage just because there's less warmup time in summer. The engine gets to operating temperature much quicker.

Back