Best selling sodas from the past.

I can remember quite a few of these. :D

Wait, no ??
kickapoo.jpg

No more Vernors? Drank a lot of that and Mr. Pibb in Rachacha NY. in the late 1980s

Need to check out this local place

http://www.averysoda.com/
The story includes some sodas that have not gone out of production, but have limited distribution. Vernor's is still being produced, which I confirmed in checks online, but it hasn't been around out my way in a long time.

Dang even I’m old enough to remember some of them lol. I really liked Coca Cola Life and normally I don’t drink Coke products but it was good I always wondered what happened to it. I also remember others too like Tab, Surge, they re released the Crystal Pepsi a few years ago too I liked it as well.

C&C. They used to advertise a lot in the 80s although I'm pretty sure they still exist in some form with regional distribution.

Not sure if it's a soft drink per se, but Pepsi used to heavily advertise their All-Sport sports drink. The brand didn't completely go away, but Pepsi divested itself of All-Sport after it bought Quaker Oats, which included Gatorade.

No more Vernors? Drank a lot of that and Mr. Pibb in Rachacha NY. in the late 1980s

Need to check out this local place

http://www.averysoda.com/
So, I'm in a dive bar with my wife on a road trip in Michigan years ago and the bartender asks us for ID. We're 40 years old at the time. The bartender really examines our IDs and eventually decides to serve us. My wife gets a wine and I order a jack and ginger. I hear a little hush come over the bar. The bartender says to me, You mean a Vernors? I have no idea what she's talking about. I'm totally confused so I repeat, Jack and ginger. I notice the bar has gone quiet. The bikers shooting pool have stopped their games and are looking in my direction with a bit of menace in their eyes. The bartender repeats again but meaner than the first time, You mean a Vernors. My brain is trying to solve the puzzle and keep me out of trouble so I say, Yeah, a Vernors! I have no idea what a Vernors is but apparently it was the right thing to say because the bikers went back to shooting pool and the bar patrons started to talk amongst themselves again and their gaze was no longer on me.

Hillbilly Joose. Tasted like Moutain Dew.

Back