Best method for using Redline SI-1

I know the directions have changes since I used it last. I remember it said to change your oil soon after now I don't see that on their site. I also wonder if the UK may have different directions than here in the US.
I believe that’s Techron, I don’t recall ever seeing that on SI-1 and I’ve been using it for probably 7-10 years at least.

I always wonder what cleans best…add the fuel system cleaner:

1) Before a road trip for a constant 4 hr flow thru the system

2) In a month long run of short trips with soak-flow-soak repeated dozens of times

We all have opinions…anyone have knowledge on this?

With every used car I purchase: After an initial application of one full bottle of Redline added to my tank, I run it till the fuel level is 1/8 full. Re-fill the tank. I then change oil/filter and start it on a 1oz to 4 gallons of fuel maintenance dosage, Utilizing Top-tier fuel as its base. YMMV

2) In a month long run of short trips with soak-flow-soak repeated dozens of times

I'll vote for your number 2 /

fuel additive

"...Gumout recently posted a Q&A as part of the introduction of their new "multi-system fuel additive." In that Q&A they said that it was better to use the product during a long drive rather than several shorter trips. They went on to say that the performance of the product was dependent upon combustion chamber temperature and that a sustained higher temp would create a better cleaning environment than would several shorter (and possibly lower temp) trips."

This is something that's got me thinking. I have a feeling that a lot of these "Fuel Boosters" and "DPF Cleaners" are a load of rubbish, but they get a lot of help from people changing their drive style once adding the additive.

For example, I've often seen people raving about certain cleaning additives etc with reviews like these.

"My car had the DPF warning come on. A friend recommended "XY" additive. Filled it up, went for a nice long drive, now the DPF light has gone off."

or

"My car recently had a bit of a missfire, a friend told me it was probably sooted up plugs from my short journeys. I put this bottle of fuel cleaner in and went for a nice hard drive. Now the missfire is much less noticeable. The cleaner is great!"

Both scenarios are a vehicle being taken outside of their ususal awful drive routine which likely would improve the vehicle anyway regardless of the use of an additve.

No snark just read the instructions. No one on BITOG knows more than the MFG. Not even me ! Call them and ask if BITOG posters know more about Redline products than, Redline oil itself. Red Line Synthetic Oil is open for business Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. PST.. Red Line Synthetic Oil 6100 Egret Court Benicia, CA 94510 Phone: (707) 745-6100 or (800) 624-7958 Fax: (707) 745-3214. Toll free ,,, call then and ask . they are nice people.
Since when? 😅 :ROFLMAO: 😂 :LOL:. BITOG is full of people that think they know better than the manufacturer. All kinds of threads that have comments to that effect.

Gumout said
Repeated city driving and hot-cool down cycles will yield best results

I asked a little while ago

fuel additive

"...Gumout recently posted a Q&A as part of the introduction of their new "multi-system fuel additive." In that Q&A they said that it was better to use the product during a long drive rather than several shorter trips. They went on to say that the performance of the product was dependent upon combustion chamber temperature and that a sustained higher temp would create a better cleaning environment than would several shorter (and possibly lower temp) trips."
Interesting.....that is opposite to what a tech told me.

I use the maintenance dose, which is around 1 oz per 5 gallons of fuel. "1/3 - 1/6 oz per gallon of fuel" works out around the same. "1 bottle (15 oz) to 50-100 gallons of fuel" also falls into that same range. But 1 oz per 5 gallons is just easier for my brain to work with.

As an aside. In my experience many retailers offer top tier gasoline mostly in the highest non ethanol octane rating. The mid grade will usually have half premium and half regular with ethanol dependant on pumping system. Is this still true? The price difference between regular and premium grades is substantial. My area has no Chevron stations, it has Sinclair, Exxon and Sams. Seems only the premium pump displays the top tier decal.
Maybe it's regional. Educate me. I buy the Red Line S1 and dose my gas rigs withba full bottle a couple times a yearvand pump regular gas. Much cheaper.

As an aside. In my experience many retailers offer top tier gasoline mostly in the highest non ethanol octane rating. The mid grade will usually have half premium and half regular with ethanol dependant on pumping system. Is this still true? The price difference between regular and premium grades is substantial. My area has no Chevron stations, it has Sinclair, Exxon and Sams. Seems only the premium pump displays the top tier decal.
Maybe it's regional. Educate me. I buy the Red Line S1 and dose my gas rigs withba full bottle a couple times a yearvand pump regular gas. Much cheaper.

Top Tier has a requirement that all grades meet the requirement. That doesn’t mean it won’t be met if there’s pump blending octane and both grades meet the requirement.

Back