BEST LOW COST and smallish pellet stove for my shop?

They will be free to inspect. The guy shows up every year or three or so. VOCs - well Ima low emission guy. Butt. Yeah will need a decent unit.

Not seen many used, especially during the private parts frostbite season.
I'm sorry, I meant paint and gas fumes inside the garage. Would be leery of having an open flame around them. Leerier of having an auto-igniting one on a thermostat that might fire off (no pun intended) when I'm not around the garage.

I'm sorry, I meant paint and gas fumes inside the garage. Would be leery of having an open flame around them. Leerier of having an auto-igniting one on a thermostat that might fire off (no pun intended) when I'm not around the garage.
Legit concern

Ima not be doing anything close to flammable or even combustible when fire or even my resistance heater going

That would be where a mini split would shine

Last edited:
What kind of power do you have..

you could just do a 25k btu electric shop/garage heater (ceiling/wall mount) they require 30amp 240v

Even if it cost a couple bucks to heat the shop
the reliability and initial cost would be superior
(199$ for 25k btu unit)

a 24k btu mini split would cost $1200 min. and install. You could oversize it for quick heating.. and of course they can throttle down.

It might take 5 years to get your $$$ back.. but A/C too.

Last edited:
Since wood is your first consideration, I’d look into that more. Tiny cabin style stoves are about $300. I have no idea on your means of wood collection, but I have no idea how much pellets cost either.

Extra Maintenance and cleaning of the of the pellet stove should be considered too.

Back