Best Leather Cleaner/Conditioner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone's opinion on the best leather cleaner and conditioner to use? I have been using Griot's products but am about out of conditioner. I am curious as to your recommendations before I reorder.

Mike

Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner is my favorite. I also have used their wipes. I like all their products, very good. Locally available also.

Last edited:
Best I've used so far is Surf City Garage Leather Rejuvenator. 2nd plaace would be Armor All Leather Protectant (the one in the spray bottle).

Gliptone has a long history in the UK.

I have had good results with Autoglym though. Especially the Leather Cleaner.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner is my favorite. I also have used their wipes. I like all their products, very good. Locally available also.

That's what I use too.

For heavily soiled leather, I'll make a thick paste/cream with Dove moisturizing soap and water, clean with a terry wash cloth and/or soft brush, wipe clean, then use the Megs stuff.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Best I've used so far is Surf City Garage Leather Rejuvenator.

Yep, same here. Good stuff.
thumbsup2.gif

I don't know about which protects best, but, Meguiar's wipes (AAP wipes), have the best smell.... right up there with refresh's strawberry/lemonade.

If I get a whiff of either it takes me back a few years to when I purchased and used them.

If AAP hasn't changed suppliers, they smell identical to the Meguiar's leather wipes and used to be found B1G1F!!!!

I would buy more myself, but my leather interior is so far gone (my boots too) that I can't justify spending the dough and having something take up space in my toybox just to treat my steering wheel. I just pop the lid while at walmart and get a whiff.

Good Luck!

Depends on the type of leather you have..coated or uncoated. However, lexol seems to work. While not my favorite, it is the favorite of some out there. I really like Meg's leather products. Believe it or not, the Turtle Wax Cleaner/Conditioner is VERY good. Flame all you want, but some of the pro detailers I talk to will use it as well.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
I use Mink Oil and Zaino

^^2nd on the mink oil. I use that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back