Best hose clamp

There are worm drive (Ideal clamps to many people) clamps with curved hardware. ABA is the brand IPD sells.
I've always gotten away with reusing whatever was there. Rusted ones get the heave-ho.

The cable pliers for removing constant pressure clamps is a quintessential must have tool.

I like the overlap of band material some have.

BEGINNERS LUCK: Used steel wool wet with coolant to clean the encrusted pipe nipples and metal hose barbs in an old truck. Twisting with easy pressure descaled them all to imperfect smoothness. I didn't want to crush the alarmingly thin metal.
Not one leak.
No cavemen need apply.

Permatext Aviation forma-gasket applied to necks will take care of minor drips better than risking broken neck on a plastic part. It is non-hardening

I use Hylomar M on every water neck especially plastic ones, they seem to be by far more prone to leaking when the temps drop in winter. Never had one leak since I have been using it (20+years).

I started using Hylomar M & Blue a few years ago after using Permatex AFAG for a couple decades on coolant nipples/necks......Hylomar is not as messy!!!! Makes a great coolant O-ring dressing as well.

"I will not argue the opposite, but it seems to me that everyone has their own favorite manufacturer; I have it like https://www.sandfieldengineering.com/toggle-clamps/ because my family and I have bought different accessories for repairs from him for a long time. As for fasteners and brackets, I always try to take from one manufacturer, as ""conflicts"" often occur and it seems to me that many people should consider choosing a certain supplier. For example, in a store you can see several types of goods, but for yourself it is better to choose a certain brand and model, at least subjectively this is what happens to me."

View attachment 25713

I liked these ones that my older trucks had, they never leaked. Too bad the previous owner's mechanic replaced them all with cheap worm drive clamps :(

These are my preference as well.

Constant tension clamps aren’t bad assuming they as well as the hoses are in good shape.

My truck is held together with anything that doesn’t leak. :hide:

Back