Best gun oil and cleaner for SIG

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIG sends their guns out with Mil Comm TW25B grease. This is good stuff overall but I'm not a fan of grease on guns.

FP10 is my favorite gun care product out there. It is a true CLP (probably the best lube available) and all you need to care for your SIG.

I use either Mobil 1 or Remington oil on mine, no matter the manufacturer of the firearm.

Cleaner? Hoppes #9. Is there anything else?

Half way thrugh my first bottle of Molakule's PPS, and am very happy with it, for cleaning, lubricating, and generally making the metal look nice.

Break Free CLP, weren't you listening?
wink.gif

Little Dab of moly grease if stainless steel. If not then any quality CLP like Break-Free will work great. If copper fouling is an issue I like strong amonia products. Oleic acid based products work well too if strong enough. Copper fouling generaly is not much of a concern in the Handgun world for some reason?? I treat my Hanguns the same as I treat my rifles!

quote:

Originally posted by johnsmith:
wink.gif

What makes CLP so special? How thin it is so it runs everywhere? The mediocre lubing abilities? The mediocre cleaning abilities?

The only thing CLP excels at is corrosion protection.

quote:

Originally posted by chevrofreak:

quote:

Originally posted by johnsmith:
wink.gif

What makes CLP so special? How thin it is so it runs everywhere? The mediocre lubing abilities? The mediocre cleaning abilities?

The only thing CLP excels at is corrosion protection.

I don't think so! It does not run everywhere & it also provides outstanding extreme temperature lubrication.

What gun oil do you consider a better cleaner than Breakfree CLP???

There is not a gun oil/cleaner combo on this planet that removes harsh stuff like copper or plastic wad buildup. Most combos won;t even remove lead -- but Breakfree will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back