Best Fuel Stabilizer for OPE

I run a fuel stabilizer year round in my OPE. I have used the same one for a long time. It has worked, I guess. But being an old
foggie, I may be out of date with all the new technology. Is there any consensus as to what it "top shelf" today?

I use the Stihl premixed in all my Stihl equipment.

Been using this in all smaller engines for years - multi product
Very concentrated

IMG_1569.jpeg

I have not done much over the years, but I tend to run old junk. Just add fresh E10 in the spring and the mower does its thing. I suspect one mower evaporates everything off, the other just needs a splash of something new in the tank. My 4 wheeler seems sensitive to old fuel but it too responds positively to just adding some fresh stuff.

My invertor however did not like sitting six months, I might need to run that more often and/or use a stabilizer on that.

My 2 stroke chainsaw and weedwacker get Tru-fuel and seem fine... again, if sitting long, they like fresh fuel added (wonder if they suffer from the same issue of lighter more volatile compounds evaporating off?) but there seems to be more "debate" out there now about just how good that fuel really is. Will continue to use in those lightly used items, at least until they give me grief.

I run a fuel stabilizer year round in my OPE. I have used the same one for a long time. It has worked, I guess. But being an old
foggie, I may be out of date with all the new technology. Is there any consensus as to what it "top shelf" today?

I’m using my corded and cordless chainsaws so much I greatly prefer the Stihl fuel for my Stihl gasser …

I’m using my corded and cordless chainsaws so much I greatly prefer the Stihl fuel for my Stihl gasser …
Another reason I use it as I have equipment at church and I don't really like just anybody mixing the 2 cycle gas and oil.

Last year, someone mixed the oil in the lawnmower gas container. I noticed as I was filling the gas tank on the JD that it
looked bluish greenish. LOL.

Now all the Stihl equipment gets the Stihl can and the mower gets the PITB plastic can that always causes a problem when
pouring. I need another hand, 3 more fingers, another arm to support it while pouring and I still spill it on the mower fender.

• Haha
Reactions: 4WD
Another reason I use it as I have equipment at church and I don't really like just anybody mixing the 2 cycle gas and oil.

Last year, someone mixed the oil in the lawnmower gas container. I noticed as I was filling the gas tank on the JD that it
looked bluish greenish. LOL.

Now all the Stihl equipment gets the Stihl can and the mower gets the PITB plastic can that always causes a problem when
pouring. I need another hand, 3 more fingers, another arm to support it while pouring and I still spill it on the mower fender.
That blue smoke is good for chasing skeeters 🦟 😷

I have used the Opti fuels Optimizer Max for years and I have not had any fuel issues since I started. Over the years I've had fuel tanks rust out and carburetors corrode or the rubber diaphragms get stiff but since using this stuff I've had none of those issues. My OPE has engines dating back to 1974 (GO Briggs!!) and even some of the cheapest junk money can buy and still working as designed. The stuff is pricey but to me it's worth the cost.

opti-mizer fuel treatment.JPG

I have found nirvana after using Opti (last year) and Amsoil Saber(15 prior years) for years, then trying Echo Red Armor. Echo Red Armor mixed with ethanol-free fuel works excellent and my Stihl and Echo OPE run like scalded cats!

Canned TruFuel. At least use it for winter storage. I run my mowers dry, put truFuel(or any brand), run it for a bit and shut it down for winter. Will start right up in Spring.

Best Fuel Stabilizer? Pri-G from Power Research, Inc. It saved some 2 cycle fuel that was sitting for 3 1/2 years. I forgot about it. Popped the top and it stilled smelled fresh, and my weed whacker ran like a crazed woman. Good stuff, I don't even consider other brands any more. It's pricey, but it will save your fuel. Mid-20's for a pint. If you're not a professional landscaper, a bottle should last you a good long time, as the stuff is pretty concentrated. Will even recondition old gas that was never treated.

Back