Best CHROME polish and scratch remover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you could use something like this..
Chrome polish

And use a rotary buffer..

Blinded by the Shine!

21.gif

Depends on how deep the scratches/swirls are and how thick the plating is. Might want to try #0000 steel wool and some chrome polish from Mothers or Meguiars. Hand polishing could take a good while, 15-20 minutes of work on a small area.

If you can remove the part and polishing it on a wheel, there are numerous chrome polishing kits available from places like Eastwood.com and others. A quick internet search will turn up info for you.

Personally, I've never had much luck polishing out scratches from chrome, but I don't have a lot of patience for the process. If you do, you might be able to make it work.

These are on small bike air cleaner assemblies. We have been out of stock for about a month. Our manufacturer screwed the pooch and gave us a shipment of filters with various levels of scratches. Some will just be sold as blems, some are perfect. But most have just very light swirl scratches in the fairly thick chrome plating.

Yes I get the Eastwood catalog and I forgot about all their drool items.
20.gif
Good excuse to buy another tool!!
grin2.gif

I have patience. Time is another matter.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.gif

I have never found anything better than Autosol.

It is a german product and comes in a old-school metal squeeze tube.

Is it possible the scratches were in the parts before they were plated? If so it would be my guess that there's no fixing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back