Best CD/DVD burning S/W for Vista?

What's the best, basic (cheap) CD/DVD burning S/W for Vista. I'm currently using Windows Media, and it stinks. My old-old PC had Record Now by Veritas. It was excellent -- very fast. I'm looking for something basic. I don't need any fancy editing, etc. I simply want to copy from CD to CD, and possibly DVD data backup. I read some real negative reviews on Easy Media 2009 -- like it "hosing up HP AIO printer drivers, etc. What about Nero, Ashampoo, etc.? All seem to be $50 -- which is more than I wish to spend (for my use).

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
What's the best, basic (cheap) CD/DVD burning S/W for Vista. I'm currently using Windows Media, and it stinks. My old-old PC had Record Now by Veritas. It was excellent -- very fast. I'm looking for something basic. I don't need any fancy editing, etc. I simply want to copy from CD to CD, and possibly DVD data backup. I read some real negative reviews on Easy Media 2009 -- like it "hosing up HP AIO printer drivers, etc. What about Nero, Ashampoo, etc.? All seem to be $50 -- which is more than I wish to spend (for my use).
My laptop came with Toshiba Disk Creator. It's all I've ever used to burn DVD. Great programme.

My CD/DVD burning PC has XP Pro, and IMG Burn is what I use 99% of the time. The times I've used it on my Vista laptop, I had no problems.
 Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
imgburn, it's a bit kludgey, but it works at about everything we've tossed at it. Nero's bloat has made it become the Tommy Lasorda of the disc burning market. http://www.imgburn.com/ And it's free.

This is what I use,it's easy to use and FREE \:\! http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home Key Features * burn all kinds of discs * audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks * burn and create ISO files * data verification after burning process * create bootable discs * multi-language interface * bin/nrg → ISO converter, simple cover printing and much more! * Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/Windows 7

I just used CDBurnerXP for the first time this week. Worked nicely. I burn 2 or 3 CD's a year mostly to back-up things. It was very straightforward and easy to use. Had to get rid of the bloated Nero.