Best Car wash / wax combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started using "Wax As You Dry" from Eagle One on my truck and it works better than I expected. It's all I use. A spray bottle lasts a long time too. I think it was 7 bucks at the parts store and I have done at least 10 washes and still have 1/3 of the bottle left.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I started using "Wax As You Dry" from Eagle One on my truck and it works better than I expected. It's all I use. A spray bottle lasts a long time too. I think it was 7 bucks at the parts store and I have done at least 10 washes and still have 1/3 of the bottle left.

Iv'e been using that stuff for about 10 years as a maintenence wax. Good Stuff.

Yes, you'd need to wash the car before hand!

Liquid Glass does have it's following but, is an old product and IDK if they have ever changed the formula. It's been around for over 30 years that I know of and probably waaaaaay longer. I only first heard of it 30 years ago!

At one time it was probably the cat's PJ's but with all of the new product today on the market that are much le$$ expen$ive, I would buy something else for L3$$.

I have used it and was not impressed in my own side-by-side comparison between something like, 5 different products on the test hood of my car(years ago). It only seemed to do the same thing as the other products that cost less money. I just didn't see the difference in gloss enhancement or longevity.

When I tried it 26 or so years ago, LG cost ~$16 compared to the other products that were between $5-$10 for the same qty.

Now, I'm not slamming LG nor I'm not saying that the LG didn't do what it said it would do, I'm just saying that I didn't see the difference between it and other less costly products.

Last edited:
I'm a believer in the rinseless washes using the Garry Dean method. It's not faster, but you can do your car at night in the garage. Turtlewax makes a good one which you can sometimes get at Wal-Mart. I'm using Duragloss at the moment.

There are plenty of waxes/sealants that will last 4-6 months. The trick is keeping the cost down. The cost-effective products that come to mind are the Collinite products, the Duragloss two part system, the Klasse two part system. Maybe the Meguiar's Ultimate for a non-mail order product. A couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Originally Posted By: Zeus33
Originally Posted By: The Critic

I'm do not see a Sonax TC? Or are you referring to the Auto Finesse Tough Coat? If so, I have not used it.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. What do you think of the Sonax PNS The Critic? You are the TC lol.

I have not applied it enough to have an opinion. But I do think the pricing is a bit too high for a sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back