Best brake bleeding tool

Ndx

Hi Guys,

I do have motive bleeder but looking for alternatives …

Has anyone used the Snapon One

Any other suggestions ?

( it must be one person operation )
Bleeding Brembo brakes

Thx

I use and love Motive Products Pressure Brake Bleeding System

https://www.motiveproducts.com/coll...eeder-kits-power-bleeders-import-bleeder-kits

Easy to use, great at bleeding, and a true one man bleeder.

Only drawback is you have to buy an adapter to fit the master cylinder cap style for your vehicle. For an extra couple bucks I bought the universal which comes with most of the regular import and domestic cap styles. Figure with the way I go through cars it'll come in handy.

Speed bleeders are awesome :)
I had a problem with speed bleeders, they always corroded too much and they wouldn't work. I put grease on the tips (it came off I guess) used the OE valve caps (fit terribly and feel off) I even purchased valve caps and RTV'd them on (feel off) Used just plain RTV on them (came off). NE in Rust belt, would not use again. I even tried the SS ones, and the **** ball valve wasn't stainless, rusted up too.

What kind of speed bleeders do you use, and where are you located?

I had a problem with speed bleeders, they always corroded too much and they wouldn't work. I put grease on the tips (it came off I guess) used the OE valve caps (fit terribly and feel off) I even purchased valve caps and RTV'd them on (feel off) Used just plain RTV on them (came off). NE in Rust belt, would not use again. I even tried the SS ones, and the **** ball valve wasn't stainless, rusted up too.

I use Goodridge or Russell speed bleeders. I only use them for the bleeding itself, then put the original bleeder screw back on the caliper. Also from the northeast.

Take the old bleeder screw off, put the speed bleeder on, bleed, remove the speed bleeder, than put the old bleeder screw back on.

This is still the easiest method to bleed the brakes :)

Reactions: Ndx
No issues with the motive unit, especially after they made the swivel attachments and quick connects…

I have this tool and have used it a lot. But sometimes it just can not pull enough suction on some systems. Especially on rear calipers. I have a Lisle one man bleeder tool that I bought 20 years ago for like 5 or 6 bucks. This has become my go to tool for bleeding brakes. It works like speed bleeders but you do not have to buy and install a bleeder on each wheel. I think it is very practical and effective. The Lisle or any bleeder like it gets my endorsement.

A piece of clear rubber hose and an empty cup.

Stick it over the bleeder and open the bleeder, pump the pedal, it pushes out all the air and the air rises to the top of the cup and the line only sucks back liquid from the bottom of the cup.

Seeing as how it only takes a few seconds, I think it's easier than setting up any sort of pressure bleeder or apparatus.

I have this tool and have used it a lot. But sometimes it just can not pull enough suction on some systems. Especially on rear calipers. I have a Lisle one man bleeder tool that I bought 20 years ago for like 5 or 6 bucks. This has become my go to tool for bleeding brakes. It works like speed bleeders but you do not have to buy and install a bleeder on each wheel. I think it is very practical and effective. The Lisle or any bleeder like it gets my endorsement.
I also have the mittyvac. If I had my choice again I would go for a pressure bleeder rather than a vacuum bleeder. In all my applications I find I suck a lot of air in from the bleeder thread so you need to spend a bit of time at each calliper to seal the threads a bit better before applying vacuum.

A piece of clear rubber hose and an empty cup.

Stick it over the bleeder and open the bleeder, pump the pedal, it pushes out all the air and the air rises to the top of the cup and the line only sucks back liquid from the bottom of the cup.

Seeing as how it only takes a few seconds, I think it's easier than setting up any sort of pressure bleeder or apparatus.
Yes, and after you try it once, you'll never bother with anything else if you're a DIYer. There are youtube videos on how to make and use it, but it's really easy.

When I use speed bleeders and I do occasionally if I do not have a MC cap that fits I use the stainless ones. The 303 stainless does not corrode even after years in the salt belt.

One time I connected a small vacuum pump (I bought for AC work) in place of the hand pump……WOW.
I have not done it since…..😎😎

I've also been curious about the AP 78613. It somehow locks onto the bleeder and has a check valve. Reviews seem mostly positive, one user on Amazon said it worked on Brembos.

It's not presently available on Amazon but appears available elsewhere online.

Back