Best battery cable connector protector?

I'm a little late here, if you know or have access to a Commercial/Industrial electrician or facilities maintenance person, ask them about contactor paste or something to that effect. My dad used to work for an electrical wholesale outfit and he always kept a 10-12 oz. squeeze bottle of a black paste ( can't remember the brand) and all he did was put a thin coating on the battery posts/terminals and use a small brush to lightly cover the cable ends once installed and never had any issues with corrosion.

Find a power company serviceman or line crew . Ask them for a water cup full of Penetrox . A little bit goes a long way and it's made for electrical connections . I could kick my butt for not liberating a bottle before I retired .

I "borrowed" a can of that from an electricians cart at work, I was using it at work so no foul.. It was OK, but for my application it was not a good fit.

I'm a little late here, if you know or have access to a Commercial/Industrial electrician or facilities maintenance person, ask them about contactor paste or something to that effect. My dad used to work for an electrical wholesale outfit and he always kept a 10-12 oz. squeeze bottle of a black paste ( can't remember the brand) and all he did was put a thin coating on the battery posts/terminals and use a small brush to lightly cover the cable ends once installed and never had any issues with corrosion.

This:

I have AGM batteries in the Honda and Buick seven years now, no visible corrosion yet. I still clean the terminals every two or three years or so to brighten them up, then a quick shot of terminal spray. The AGM batteries are were average priced, not high end ones.

Reactions: wtd
This thread has an extensive discussion with lots of carnage pictures:

I have AGM batteries in the Honda and Buick seven years now, no visible corrosion yet. I still clean the terminals every two or three years or so to brighten them up, then a quick shot of terminal spray. The AGM batteries are were average priced, not high end ones.
You will never have corrosion on the battery cables or connectors (battery clamps) with an AGM.

Switch to a side post battery, since those don't seem to corrode for some reason. I've got a dual terminal battery and I'm only using the side posts, and the unused top posts aren't corroding.

Thanks everyone for the input. I did receive the NOCO felt washers and installed them after cleaning the battery connectors very well. I used the Superlube silicone grease that I had and put that on the connectors for now until I can get some of the other stuff that was recommended.

Back