Best 5W50 oil for Tuff Torque K46 transaxle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Yes. I remember being a bit nervous about all the racket when my mower was new! Getting up near 200 hours now, so I'll probably drop the oil out again and use M1 15W-50 again.

I'm hoping this transaxle behaves like most and generates more debris when young than when a bit used...

I have a few customers with Deeres that have K46 transmissions and they are fine. Keeping the fluid changed and not using them for constant hilly mowing or heavy duty hauling and plowing will help them last. They are really just meant for mowing, and if used for that they will last a decent amount of time.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Yes. I remember being a bit nervous about all the racket when my mower was new! Getting up near 200 hours now, so I'll probably drop the oil out again and use M1 15W-50 again.

I'm hoping this transaxle behaves like most and generates more debris when young than when a bit used...

I have a few customers with Deeres that have K46 transmissions and they are fine. Keeping the fluid changed and not using them for constant hilly mowing or heavy duty hauling and plowing will help them last. They are really just meant for mowing, and if used for that they will last a decent amount of time.
thumbsup2.gif

but when plowing snow the trans never really gets that hot (because its cold out). so that really shouldn't be too much of a concern? right?

I used M1 15W 50 at 250 hrs....just changed it last week in 90 degree weather !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back