Best 1-2 Gallon Sprayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Warstud's post on weedkiller and I now have a few broken and dysfunctional sprayers in my basement. Is there a really good brand I can buy and last for 10 years or so?

look into the chapin brand..their better quality metal tank units are build to be serviceable. great units if you are willing to spend a bit

For plastic tank check out Solo brand. Mine is a good 15yrs old. Repair kits are also available.

My uncle has owned his pest control business for well over 60 years. He don't go on the routes as much as he use to. He uses a stainless steel spray container that he now orders from ACE hardware. He used to buy them from an Orkin owner.

Tractor supply with the brass wands work for me. They also have replacement wands. The plastic nozzles never work well for me.

Last edited:
Walmart sells a 1 gallon sprayer for $6. And a 2 gallon sprayer for about $13. These are pretty nice sprayers for the money. The key to keeping them working, is to not use bleach in them (you have to buy a bleach specific sprayer), and to wash them out after every use, to include the hose. And then let them air dry. If you do that, your sprayers will last way longer. But to be honest, at $6 per sprayer, you can just buy a bunch of them, and throw them out when they go bad.

And since the op asked about the "best" 1 gallon sprayer, if he was going to buy the "best", then he would spend $250 on a B&G commercial sprayer.

https://www.solutionsstores.com/1-g...8nSpP5vFrYw690uOpo0aAk1uEALw_wcB#156=966

Originally Posted by bubbatime
The key to keeping them working, is to not use bleach in them (you have to buy a bleach specific sprayer), and to wash them out after every use, to include the hose. And then let them air dry. If you do that, your sprayers will last way longer.

Bingo!

I you want a good sprayer for weedkiller look at a Chaplin 4 gallon backpack. All the 1 and 2 gallon plastic ones work for a few years and then not worth fixing. A hose end sprayer is also a consideration for doing large areas.

I have two, bought at HD / been working good for three years now.
A One gallon and Two gallon / all plastic.

The Two gallon has a nicer Nozzle.
It's adjustable as Spray / Cone / Stream
So that's the one I use for spraying weeds and trees

Last Fall, I sprayed Concrete Sealer with the One gallon Sprayer and it was a lot nicer then using a Paint Roller.

Hudson. Not only a good sprayer, but it's made in the USA. Invest in one of their stainless models and you'll never buy another sprayer again.

Originally Posted by 4WD
I buy these two packs and use the color to tell herbicide (green) from pesticides

There are non-repellent and repellent pesticides. You never want to put a non-repellent pesticide into a sprayer that has had repellents in it. It makes the non-repellent insecticide a repellent, which kills how they work and makes them ineffective. So you really need at least two pesticide sprayers, assuming you have different types of pesticides. Non repellents would be Termidor and Phantom, etc.. Repellents would be Talstar P, Bifen, etc.

I don't … only use malathion in the sprayer for sheds and other areas skeeters hide from the wind and sun …
Probably keeps other 4/6/8 legged (and no leg) creepers out of there too (man, that stuff stinks)
I use granular or powder for ants etc …

Originally Posted by 4WD
I buy these two packs and use the color to tell herbicide (green) from pesticides
Good sprayers for the money

Herbicides, fungicides, algaecides, avicides, insecticides, and rodenticides are all pesticides. But, your point about using separate sprayers for different acting pesticides is spot on. Just practicing to be a curmudgeon.

Chappin plastic sprayer. Mine are similar to the current 20020 models for 15-20. I bought 2 in 2008. I have sprayed every chemical imaginal including bleach, gasoline, and diesel. Once a year I take the sprayers apart and apply vasoline to all sealing rubber seals. I have bought others and set the chappins back inn the corner but after a few weeks I keep going back to the chappins. I did throw a chappin away before I started cleaning and applying vasoline each year. The chappin is the only brand that has been able to handle the gasoline and bleach and continue to work for years.

Last edited:
I bought a Scotts 2-gal one ($17 on sale) a few weeks ago. It works well. I obviously cannot speak to it's longevity.

I've had good luck with Hudson sprayers. We use them for wallpaper removal. Many years ago Sears made very good stainless steel tank sprayers. I wish I could still get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back