Bernie Madoff - 150 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
His prison mates will cheer when he arrives, since he took from the rich. What fraction of prison inmates would have had enough money to lose anything to this guy?

Last edited:
I just read the sentencing transcript. That judge was cold, as were the victims who spoke. One of the guys said something to the effect of, 'I hope the court sentances Mr. Madoff such that his prison cell becomes his coffin and at the hour of his death, S atan grows forth a great mouth with which to recieve Mr. Madoff.' That's paraphrased, but pretty close.

Hope he doesn't drop the soap...

Last edited:
Quote:
Hope he doesn't drop the soap...
LOL.gif
Perhaps he has stocked up on soap on rope. Do they still make that?

Was thinking about Ponzi schemes and obviously I had a brain cramp on my previous post.
blush.gif
Clearly it's best to be in on the top of a Ponzi or pyramid scheme, rather than the bottom.

The question left here is, was Madoff the only one that knew of his Ponzi scheme? With that much money involved it seems hard to believe.

Every time one of these "victims" received a dividend from Madoff, it was, at least in part, money that had been stolen from somebody else.

Are any of these so called victims offering to give up their ill-gotten gains?

I thought not.

Madoff offered them a deal that was too good to be true, and in their greed, they bought it.

Too bad.

Theres a lot of sickos in prison who would love to be known as the person who killed Madoff. They relish in that notoriety. That's why Dahmer got his, and I suspect Madoff will get his as well.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Win - something to that, but how often did this "fund" pay dividends and if so, to whom?

I do not know.

Do you think the investors, victims, whatever we are calling them, were just rolling over their money instead of taking distributions?

Possible that some were, I suppose, but if Madoff was not paying out distributions, then except for his own lifestyle, he would not need new money coming into the scam.

Quote:
Possible that some were, I suppose, but if Madoff was not paying out distributions, then except for his own lifestyle, he would not need new money coming into the scam.

I don't know about that. Unchecked, my wife can evaporate money ...and have absolutely nothing to show for it in tangible or residual evidence. It was though it was never there.

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Theres a lot of sickos in prison who would love to be known as the person who killed Madoff. They relish in that notoriety. That's why Dahmer got his, and I suspect Madoff will get his as well.
Yeah... Call it his ROI (Return on Investment).
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I don't know about that. Unchecked, my wife can evaporate money ...and have absolutely nothing to show for it in tangible or residual evidence. It was though it was never there.
grin2.gif

And here I didn't know my ex got remarried.
LOL.gif

So he ended up in a County Club prison in South Carolina..What a surprise...That place looks gorgias...Its looks nicer then most condo developments.

I was hoping for a prison like Rikers in NYC or one of those other nasty prisons where gangs run wild...But I knew that was never going to happen.

Looks like that P.O.S. Bernie got his way again like I knew he would.

It's the same for all white collar criminals. Look at Michael Milken. I think he did 2 out of ten. He stole more from more people that hundreds of lower life criminals ..and is living high on the hog.

Remember, wealth needs help, and it doesn't stop at the halls of justice. It's not a birthright, per se~, it's an entitlement for acts of merit ..both legit and otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back