Beginning of the end for HTC- Thanks apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Good. I am glad they sued. Bye bye htc

Yes, how wonderful. Less competition is always good for the consumer.

I've never been an Apple fan and this pushes me away even more. I own an HTC droid phone and the fact that it is so successful against the iphone is what bothers Apple.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I've never been an Apple fan and this pushes me away even more. I own an HTC droid phone and the fact that it is so successful against the iphone is what bothers Apple.

Good point.

Originally Posted By: Viggen
The world according to Jobs.

Apple is nothing more than a life style company. Selling trendies on the fact about how Kewl they are, and how "sick burn" it is to wait in line outside an Apple store at 2 AM so they can be one of the first to get whatever Ime product just came out.

The most amusing thing is how they have convinced the media that they are innovators. LOL.

The lifestyle part is garbage, Im not a fan of that... But the products IME work well and are of higher quality than others. We've had that discussion before and Im not going to have it again... just sayin'.

Originally Posted By: needsducktape
This is not a big deal - companies sue each other all the time.

Microsoft vs APPLE
Nintendo vs Atari vs SEGA
Barbie Vs BRATZ
Cats vs Dogs

blah blah blah

I swear sometimes is just for publicity and to keep their names in the public mind.

EXACTLY. At least someone gets it.

The lawyers must be fed, this is how it goes.

Nothing out of the ordinary that makes Apple an oddball in doing this.

I own a Droid (HTC) Incredible and really like it.

However I am astounded at the functionality and quality of software mostly free or close to to it on my wife's $200 iPod Touch 8GB. We use it for Skype overseas video calling, Netflix for kids, wife uses as calender, and also uses to text me from her work.

For the price point Apple has some great products.

Google buy Motorola for the patents to fend off Apple and Samsung. They may license the patents to HTC and force Apple to accept the fact that HTC (or anyone who uses Android) be covered in the cross license agreement.

This is how harddrive industry end up with only a few companies and small guys like Excelstor and JTS got sued out of businesses by the big guys.

I read that Google will still allow others to use the Android operating system for free.

21378_large_Photoshop_License.png

Even with the purchase of Motorola, it seems like it will still be in Google's best interest to make Android as ubiquitous as possible.

I think it's intersting how much anger one person can have against one company.

If you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em.

Life is very simple that way.

Originally Posted By: jkhawaii
HTC products are Junk any way

Is that your opinion or is this based on professional reviews?

Coming from an iPhone, I was (and still am) very impressed with my HTC Inspire. The Motorola and Samsung phones that I played with just felt very cheap compared to the HTC.

I'm as happy with my HTC Incredible 2 as I've ever been with a phone. The software (HTC Sense) is impressive, but it's the hardware that I'm most happy with. It has a nice gorilla glass display, very sharp resolution, a thick black aluminum surround on the front, etc.

My most recent phone was a Motorola Droid 2, and this HTC is better in about every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back