beer for the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I just wanted to give you all a recommendation on beer to have on thanksgiving. Or anytime for that matter!
It is brewed by Rogue ales. It is brewed under the name Morimoto (yes the iron chef from food network)

It is called Morimoto hazelnut signature ale.
It is a brown ale with LOTS of hazelnut extract. It's very easy drinking with a chocolate and nut undertone.

I am picking up a case(12 bottles) to serve on the holiday. The bottles are very large. 750ml I think.

If you want to try something new, pick this up! You gotta find it tho. That's the hard part.

The price is high. About 6 bucks a bottle. But wayyyyyyy worth it.

I've had this beer too and I approve this recommendation! :)

Where did you get yours at rg200amp? I live right outside of Philly.

Originally Posted By: jigen
I've had this beer too and I approve this recommendation! :)

Where did you get yours at rg200amp? I live right outside of Philly.

In far north east philadelphia on frankford ave and knights road. It's called the Craft beer outlet. They have about 600 beers. You make ur own sixpack.

The same owner owns the beer outlet up at franklinmills mall. Their you can order a case of what you want since that store is a distributor.

Rogue rocks! Especially their Shakespeare Stout and their Imperial Stout.

Great Northwest beer for sure! When I lived up in seattle, I use to visit oregon often. Took a tour of the Rogue brewery on one of those trips. Very imressive operation and nice people who own and operate it.

I think this might mean I have to make a trip to BevMo today! Heck I spend $9 per quart on oil, what's $6 a bottle!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dkryan
Rogue rocks! Especially their Shakespeare Stout and their Imperial Stout.

Don't forget their to die for chocolate stout!!

Every beer I have had from rogue is great. Double dead guy ale is another home run.

Originally Posted By: urrlord
a good pumpkin ale is nice.i think blue moon was the last one i had.

How is that Blue Moon pumpkin ale? Its official name is "Harvest Moon" as it is in the "Seasonal Collection" offered by Blue Moon. I like the original Blue Moon beer (had one tonight).

A Paulaner or Franziskaner hefeweizen served in a seasonal glass.

BTW: Same beers go for President's Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, my birthday, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving...and Hanukkah. Do you see a trend?

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale is widely distributed and actually a really amazing beer, especially when fresh.

This is a great time of year for beer lovers, with all the stouts and barley wines coming out.

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out!

Tilberg's Dutch Nut Brown is another excellent brew in this corner of the beer market. If you can find it, I bet you'll enjoy it.

Went to the beer store yesterday, they didn't have, nor did they say if they would even receive the Seasonal Ale by Fort Collins brewery. That's a smooth & tasty offering. Sad that it's not 'round here yet.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Mustang_Cougar
A Paulaner or Franziskaner hefeweizen served in a seasonal glass.

BTW: Same beers go for President's Day, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, my birthday, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving...and Hanukkah. Do you see a trend?

Just bought some Franziskaner (the one with the monk for those that dont know) the other day at trader joes and that to me is the perfect holiday/winter beer. Picture creamsoda like clovey goodness maybe a hint of banana but with alchohol and in a good way!

+1 for Tilbergs.

Polishing off some Linenkugel's (sp?) Brown Ale I picked up in VA; I'm thinking I should have left it there, its just me however; I can see people enjoying it.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
MILLER HIGH LIFE

The High Life must be approached with caution. I don't mind drinking it at all, if for nothing other than nostalgic appeal. HOWEVER, if you have a few too many (not hard to do with such a low ABV beer) your bowel will pay the price the next day. Cheap corn beer is tough on the guts.

I prefer the higher quality brews, because they don't turn into Beelzebub in your lower intestine. The hangovers with micros are often worse though.

"What made Milwaukee famous, has made a fool out of me"

How about this?

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091130/BIZ/91130007/1001/biz/New+beer+so+strong++it+s+illegal

Quote:

The maker of Samuel Adams beer has released an updated version of its biennial beer Utopias - now the highest alcohol content beer on the market. At 27 percent alcohol by volume and $150 a bottle, the limited release of the brandy-colored Utopias comes as more brewers take advantage of improvements in science to boost potency and enhance taste.

Quote:

Thirteen states - including Ohio - prohibit its sale because its alcohol content exceeds the legal limit for beer. The other states are Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont and Washington.

Hmm, seems like a lot of the "light weights" are in The So...
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

Last edited:
On Thanksgiving, I had a bottle of Golden Blonde Parish Ale from Paper City Brewing in Massachussets. It was a pretty straightforward pale ale but very tasty and went well with the tofu I cooked. For Christmas, I'll probably go with a bottle of Brooklyn Brewing Chocolate Stout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back