Beef Liver tonight

All the talk of eating healthy and fitness let's talk seriously good eats. Tips and cooking details will be given for this underrate ultimate health food.
20201212_084258.jpg

If you like liver its one thing , but don't convince yourself its a healthfood. The liver removes toxins from the animals body, it also produces cholesterol.

I would eat it sparingly, and not that often.
That has been debunked over and over by many Doctors.

I never liked beef liver but grew up thinking it was good for you. Something that tastes as bad as beef liver must have a few redeeming qualities! :sick:

I think it would be considered somewhat healthy if one was undernourished and maybe even anemic

I believe you need to soak/marinade it in buttermilk for a while to draw out the bitterness (changing out the buttermilk as it changes color), then cook it with onions since that's literally the only thing that has enough flavor to offset the liver flavor.

You could also mix it with muscle meat for a sausage stuffing, but I doubt that's your goal here.

I believe you need to soak/marinade it in buttermilk for a while to draw out the bitterness (changing out the buttermilk as it changes color), then cook it with onions since that's literally the only thing that has enough flavor to offset the liver flavor.

You could also mix it with muscle meat for a sausage stuffing, but I doubt that's your goal here.
We could but we will not be soaking or adding anything but seasoning and a tic of fat for cooking stay tuned as it's all in the method.

I used to eat liver when I was a kid. Cooked it helping my mother. Oh man. It's nasty raw. My mother would cook the snot out of it and then I'd grate it for the chopped liver pate. I didn't mind grating it once cooked but didn't like it the looks of it raw.

I never liked beef liver but grew up thinking it was good for you. Something that tastes as bad as beef liver must have a few redeeming qualities! :sick:
Much of this or people believe it tastes awful and tried it was because of improper prep and cooking. Think of a amazing Ribeye that's properly done and tasting the difference than someone who muddles through the process and is clueless on how to cook it my Ribeye done right.
20201017_183047.jpg

All the talk of eating healthy and fitness let's talk seriously good eats. Tips and cooking details will be given for this underrate ultimate health food.View attachment 36477
Soak it in milk for a couple of hrs prior to cooking, this will remove all the bitterness. Cut it in strips, some olive oil on the pan, cook it with bunch of onions until ready. You can also add some green apple but I personally am not a huge fan of apple. Delicious and healthy food

I like organic pork and elk liver and tongue better than baby beef liver.

Onions and bacon are a must.

You are what you eat, an organ from a healthy young herbavoir is definitely good for you and provides nutrition our modern diet lacks. No contamination or risk.

Our ancestors ate everything and the collagens and bone marrow are needed for healthy joints, skin and even nerves.

Further organ meat and everything else goes into hamburger and sausages anyway
If you think your not eating it your nuts.

My mother loves it although she hasn't gotten any in a while. She'll order it out sometimes at certain restaurants featuring comfort food. I can't stand it and neither could anyone else in my family...

Much of this or people believe it tastes awful and tried it was because of improper prep and cooking. Think of a amazing Ribeye that's properly done and tasting the difference than someone who muddles through the process and is clueless on how to cook it my Ribeye done right.View attachment 36489

What is wrong with people, that looks amazing and I commend you for making this thread about the best part of a cow to eat. I know it's not for everyone but I wholeheartedly agree that if you have any wherewithal to cook it correctly oh my it can be good eatin'

What is wrong with people, that looks amazing and I commend you for making this thread about the best part of a cow to eat. I know it's not for everyone but I wholeheartedly agree that if you have any wherewithal to cook it correctly oh my it can be good eatin'
Excellent eating and off the charts protein packed food. You as anyone should know that meat market on the label. Wednesday is big animal butcher day and can get it fresh every once in awhile.

Liver is the only organ meet I will eat, and only on occasion. It's a divisive food due to its texture, taste and origin even if you grew up eating it. The connotation that it's a toxic food is false. The liver is a chemical processing plant that allows toxins to be excreted but the liver is neither a filtering organ nor a toxic storage facility. Liver is pretty high in cholesterol but dietary cholesterol is usually a minor contributor to high cholesterol. Liver is densely packed with nutrients. Its high vitamin A content can become problematic if one eats a lot of liver. I won't eat fois gras for ethical reasons. I'll never refuse a liverwurst sandwich with grilled onions or liver pâté. I believe AutoMechanic just collapsed with a blown mind/stomach.

Back