Beds with Adjustable Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I leave work in an hour, I'm heading to a local furniture store that has memory foam mattresses on sale. I need a new bed badly.

Here is my question: Typically, these mattresses run about $1500-$2500 but you can get an adjustable base (it allows you to incline your head/toro and your legs/feet). Most of these adjustable bases also have a "massage" function(s) as well. However, these bases are typically double the price of the mattress and box springs.

Does anyone on here have a mattress with an adjustable base? Do you use it regularly or not? Is it worth the added expense?

I imagine, my wife and I may not like the same "settings" and when we roll over, the mattress will have to go back to flat. Causing noise and confusion at 2am.

Looking for advice from experienced users. Thanks.

I don't minding spending the extra $$ (I've shattered my pelvis twice, broken back, etc. etc.) and it feels good in the store when I elevate my feet and I enjoy the massage as well....but how useful is it at home?

I have one. Bought it in 2004. Was ok for 5 years, then the power drive failed. One of the foam pieces began to deteriorate. It had a 20 year warranty. fought a several month battle with the mfg. My unit was obsolete, and parts were no longer available. My wife used it every evening and loved it. I did not. In The early years it was quite comfortable. As it aged, my side developed the usual pot hole. I think the pot, (me), is to heavy. I'm thinking about sticking a piece of ply under the pot hole. I really prefer the rock hard motel type bed.

YMMV

Edit: I won't buy another one.....
Wayne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back