Beck Arnley 086-1678C Brake pads Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone happened to use this model BA front ceramic brake pads on their vehicle they fit Toyota Tundra,Tacoma or any Toyota that utilizes the 13WL calipers. the reason im asking is because an EBAY seller has 7 sets of these pads for sale NEW in box, but ive found out these were discontinued in 2015 and replaced by the 089 Series. there is almost zero reviews and almost zero info online about this model. Only thing I know is they are Ceramic, I would like to know if they are made by ADVICs, I contacted the EBAY seller to see if there was a manufacturers name stamped on the backplate, they said they are unmarked. There is only 1 buyer review and he said they are Toyota quality and fit his 2005 Tundra great. The price is so good that I have to research them before I buy, but I think i'll pass based on what ive found so far which is unfortunate reality when dealing with Beck Arnley parts/brakes you really don't know whats coming in the box. Would be a great deal otherwise.

Last edited:
There's no edge code identifying the manufacturer?: https://ameca.org/wp-content/upload...-Material-Edge-Codes-October-25-2019.pdf
This example would be BPI - Brake Parts Inc.
[Linked Image from images.autoserviceprofessional.com]

Originally Posted by doitmyself
There's no edge code identifying the manufacturer?: https://ameca.org/wp-content/upload...-Material-Edge-Codes-October-25-2019.pdf
This example would be BPI - Brake Parts Inc.
[Linked Image from images.autoserviceprofessional.com]

I didn't ask the seller about that code, it was very difficult to get any response from them on basic questions, they said there wasn't any manufacturer name or ID numbers stamped to the back plate which seems to be very unusual, I think they just want to sell them without any strings attached, they do have a 30 day return shipping buyers expense. they are taking offers/bids im thinking of throwing a low ball offer see what happens, they are free ship,no tax supposedly, so if they are a brand name maker would be a very good deal IMO, I do know BA stopped making these pads in 2015 but I don't think they would be degraded just sitting in a warehouse any.

Last edited:
Why not contact Beck Arnley? I have found their tech support to be quite helpful.

Originally Posted by drtyler
Why not contact Beck Arnley? I have found their tech support to be quite helpful.
I did they offered no help, except those pads were discontinued in 2015 and know nothing else, I have called the BA tech line a few times about other products and have gotten zero info regarding manufacturers of their products. only the generic whats the year and model and heres what we listed for it. I was hoping by chance someone here might have some experience or knowledge about that series pad, I think i'll give them a bid at half of what they are asking it would only be $15 and free ship, no tax if I wiff then not really too bad of a hit,

Last edited:
Given how brake pads are IMPORTANT, and the fact that you can't seem to get ANY facts, I would pass.

Saving a buck is fine, but potentially risking your life to save a buck is not fine.

Originally Posted by geeman789
Given how brake pads are IMPORTANT, and the fact that you can't seem to get ANY facts, I would pass.

Saving a buck is fine, but potentially risking your life to save a buck is not fine.
yeah that's probably what i'll do, I threw one more message to the seller for the edge code numbers if that falls thru i'll get the old reliable Toyota OEM pads or Akebono proact 976 cant go wrong with either.

Last edited:
i've used beck arnley pads in the past and they were good. no complaints. i think one of the main reasons brake pad formulas/part numbers got discontinued a few years ago is because of some low copper legislation. raybestos and wagner changed their product lines a few years ago. the C at the end maybe means ceramic pads?

https://www.wagnerbrake.com/low-copper.html

Originally Posted by bionictony
i've used beck arnley pads in the past and they were good. no complaints. i think one of the main reasons brake pad formulas/part numbers got discontinued a few years ago is because of some low copper legislation. raybestos and wagner changed their product lines a few years ago. the C at the end maybe means ceramic pads?

https://www.wagnerbrake.com/low-copper.html
im not quite sure why BA discontinued the 086 series ceramic pads and then went to the 089 series, I do know that all 086 series would be ceramic material and (hopefully) from the OEM original manufacturer, the 089 series can be semi metallic, organic, ceramic material you'll only know when the new pads arrive, my only other concern would be the shelf life those 086 series were discontinued in 2015 at this point 5 years old im pretty sure if they were warehoused out of the weather that wouldn't be an issue? I've contacted the seller trying to get the code from the pad edge no answers from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back