beaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by 97f150:
My dad has a 96 that fell completly apart 6 months ago. The car ran good, just that nothing else wanted to work. [/QB]

I replaced the oem alternator with a duralast lifetime alternator three years ago and the a/c in the car doesn't work, GM piston slap when cold, the clock display where you look at what radio station/time it is does not work. The cigarette lighter/horn doesn't work because the fuse keeps burning out three times in a row so I quit replacing it. That's the only things wrong with the car. Car runs/drives fine. 10 yr/134k miles beater. Check out my UOAs for the car here if your interested.

lol.gif
That sounds JUST like my friend's 97 sunfire. Horn doesn't work, AC doesn't work, serious piston slap when starting up in winter, & clock display is messed up. But the car keeps running.
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
lol.gif
That sounds JUST like my friend's 97 sunfire. Horn doesn't work, AC doesn't work, serious piston slap when starting up in winter, & clock display is messed up. But the car keeps running.
tongue.gif

my car and your friend's car was probably built on the same assembly line by the same people.
lol.gif

My dads horn worked, but the a/c, heater, and radio including clock wouldnt work. It had some kind of short or something cause when you would drive it at night the danggone dome light kept blinking and would stay on at will. This was a 10 year old 160,000 mile car. The trans. quit shifting into the last gear (I forget if it was third or fourth) two years ago and finally gave out a few months ago, which he than traded it in for $100 and bought an 05 Aveo. Oh, never had an issue with piston slap though, must have changed the darn belt tensioner 5 times. What I hated the worst about it was the way the oil filter was placed. Anyway, eljefino will probably like this, but this guy has the ultimate beater car IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back