BC RCMP apparently shoot member of Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cardiobuck
Originally Posted By: Rand

I'm pretty sure some anonymous people have "shot police officers" before
crazy2.gif

I'm pretty sure they have NOT! Not really their style. A bit too uncouth and entirely too pedestrian; also tends to not be very anonymous for very long.
Ask the boys over at HBGary Federal (a California based security firm) how they roll, that is more typical of how retaliation looks.

Rand was making a joke, notice he didn't capitalize the "A"
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I was up in Newfoundland and attended a Guy Fawkes bondfire.

bonfire_night_1351875750_540x540.jpg

What year? The above is from 2012.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Cops have a different status in the society than citizens do. They are part of the state sanctioned forces that can use violence against people.

Hence, their actions have to be scrutinized to maintain checks and balances.

And they certainly don't police themselves very well do they? All those bad apples that never get weeded out even though they are operating in the same organization as the "overwhelming majority" of good apples.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I was up in Newfoundland and attended a Guy Fawkes bondfire.

bonfire_night_1351875750_540x540.jpg

What year? The above is from 2012.

I think 2010 or 11. It was Rocky Harbor I think and the pile was about 25 foot high. Biggest bondfire I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Newfies know how to have a good time, so throwing an epic gala doesn't surprise me, LOL! I spent four summers there split between St. John's and Cornerbrook.

That bonfire (no d) would have been quite the spectacle to behold I would imagine
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Benito

And they certainly don't police themselves very well do they? All those bad apples that never get weeded out even though they are operating in the same organization as the "overwhelming majority" of good apples.

Do have any concept of the percentage of "bad cops?

You hear of a couple of events per month out of the 10's of millions of contacts with good and bad guys in that time.

If there were one problem in 100's of millions of contacts. you would be making the same statements. And so would the news media.

What is the statistical acceptability of "bad cops" in the total population of all cops?

This thread is evolving into an attack on cops which is worse than attacking politicians. I hope its closed.

Last edited:
Cops have a different status in the society than citizens do. They are part of the state sanctioned forces that can use violence against people.

I believe police unions need to be eliminated. More internal investigation and more FBI oversight. Things are getting out of whack. If you're too scared and frustrated to do the job properly, there are 1000s of others that are waiting in the wings.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

Do have any concept of the percentage of "bad cops?

You hear of a couple of events per month out of the 10's of millions of contacts with good and bad guys in that time.

If there were one problem in 100's of millions of contacts. you would be making the same statements. And so would the news media.

What is the statistical acceptability of "bad cops" in the total population of all cops?

This thread is evolving into an attack on cops which is worse than attacking politicians. I hope its closed.

Yes it is disgusting. Next time you need a cop, call an anonymous member for help!

Show me any organization with a better than 99% success rate. There isn't one.

Granted, there are some bad apples in any group of folks that large. LEO's need to look within and weed them out constantly as the sensational media needs a distraction so people never see the real problems in our cities...

www.torontopolice.on.ca conducted a study and released a report on police confrontations with the mentally ill that are out and about.
Police_Encounters_With_People_In_Crisis pdf 3722 kb 413 pages, link on main page

The problem is, the police have to defend themselves and protect the public from people that perhaps should be in a mental hospital.
Sometimes a social worker or intervention officer will ride with the police to these types of calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe police unions need to be eliminated. More internal investigation and more FBI oversight. Things are getting out of whack. If you're too scared and frustrated to do the job properly, there are 1000s of others that are waiting in the wings.

That. The police are the most dangerous street gang in the country.

@Mr Nice, the question is not about the existence of police but their conduct vis-a-vis impunity at abusing their power over civilians.

Originally Posted By: used_0il
www.torontopolice.on.ca conducted a study and released a report on police confrontations with the mentally ill that are out and about.
Police_Encounters_With_People_In_Crisis pdf 3722 kb 413 pages, link on main page

The problem is, the police have to defend themselves and protect the public from people that perhaps should be in a mental hospital.
Sometimes a social worker or intervention officer will ride with the police to these types of calls.

When we were doing some work for CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) the number of "free range" nutters that were allowed to flow in and out of that place blew my mind.

@Mr Nice, the question is not about the existence of police but their conduct vis-a-vis impunity at abusing their power over civilians.

Yup keep singing that same old tired and false tune and drinking Al Sharpton's koolaid. Easier than presenting facts.

No one is saying we don't need police, but right now it doesn't seem like they answer to anyone...and everyone needs to answer to someone. We can't have an organization running around unchecked.

Strawman then insults. When people get defensive instead of discussing an issue calmly and rationally, you know they are in denial.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Without the Police, our country would be a war zone like Iraq or Mexico...

Totally agree with this statement....TODAY in modern America. Now if you were saying this in the 40s-70s USA I would totally DISagree, the country we live in now is ALMOST NOTHING like the USA of decades past. Too many different groups, with diverging interests, this country is a essentially a balkanized hodgepodge different peoples often times with little or nothing in common with one another and no shared interests.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Without the Police, our country would be a war zone like Iraq or Mexico...

Totally agree with this statement....TODAY in modern America. Now if you were saying this in the 40s-70s USA I would totally DISagree, the country we live in now is ALMOST NOTHING like the USA of decades past. Too many different groups, with diverging interests, this country is a essentially a balkanized hodgepodge different peoples often times with little or nothing in common with one another and no shared interests.

And yet so many people wonder why we can't all get along...whose idea was this diversity garbage anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back