Battery -- new testing at 12.41 v

This maybe useful information.

Screenshot_20230716-222734_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20230716-222756_Firefox.jpg

I believe this is the "Value" 24F rated 585cca? I have the same one that was 3mo old when I bought it, it measured 660 on my tester, and appeared to be the exact same battery as the "Plus" battery rated 600cca (which also measured about 660 on the shelf). point being - yes it probably lost a bit of capacity sitting on the shelf so long, but it will still measure "good" vs the rated spec so you may not have any recourse if they test it.

as others have said, give it a full charge and use it without worry.

First world problems!
My battery is normally around 11.7-11-8 first thing in the morning and it starts a GM 3400 just fine. It's been like this for years. Yes, I've verifed the voltage from my cheap in dash voltmeter against my Fluke 77 and they match.

Reactions: Y_K
Technically 12.55 is a full charge. Also keep in mind that most vehicles will never bring a battery to 100% with the alternator.

Go to an industrial battery shop. They sell fork lift batteries and big rig batteries. You can get a really good one for your car or truck for cheap. Last twice as long as Autozone or wallymart.

Go to an industrial battery shop. They sell fork lift batteries and big rig batteries. You can get a really good one for your car or truck for cheap. Last twice as long as Autozone or wallymart.
The big commercial battery outfit near me sells Interstate car batteries.

I ran it all day on saturday. On Sunday morning, after sitting all night,, it tested at 12.63. I have a pretty expensive Fluke combo kit, from HVAC days....

sorry for the delay, internet has been out.

The last Value Power (JC/Clarios) I had lasted ~5 years in the xB-still tested good, but started leaking (go figure)... So they can last a while; but, when EP Duracell Golds go on sale $20 off (as Sam's Club is doing soon), or East Penn NAPA Proformers are under $100 with a code-it's not worth dealing with the dang Clarios leakers!

Back