Baldwin B2-HPG used as a transmission filter.

Astro14

$100 Site Donor
Staff member
I run a transmission filter on the 2002 V70XC in my signature. At 301,xxx miles, it got an oil change and transmission drain and fill. The car shifts great, by the way and the transmission is original.

The transmission fluid was HPL blue ATF - with about 15,000 miles on it. The filter had about the same. Good filter. The antidrainback vale was pliable, the can was thick, the core was metal and it had consistent pleats.

Nothing was found in the filter media. It was perfectly clean. Interestingly, the magnetic drain plug in the transmission had virtually no metal particles on it. I would expect some in a 15,000 mile run, at least a bit of that “paste” that it tends to collect, but there was virtually none. The plug looked brand new, and only when I wiped with a shop towel did the slightest hint of residue appear.

I’m very impressed with the quality and construction of this filter, and I’m very impressed with the condition of that transmission. A Baldwin B2 HPG went back on, and 4 quarts of HPL blue ATF went back in.

IMG_3279.jpeg

IMG_3280.jpeg

I run a transmission filter on the 2002 V70XC in my signature. At 301,xxx miles, it got an oil change and transmission drain and fill. The car shifts great, by the way and the transmission is original.

The transmission fluid was HPL blue ATF - with about 15,000 miles on it. The filter had about the same. Good filter. The antidrainback vale was pliable, the can was thick, the core was metal and it had consistent pleats.

Nothing was found in the filter media. It was perfectly clean. Interestingly, the magnetic drain plug in the transmission had virtually no metal particles on it. I would expect some in a 15,000 mile run, at least a bit of that “paste” that it tends to collect, but there was virtually none. The plug looked brand new, and only when I wiped with a shop towel did the slightest hint of residue appear.

I’m very impressed with the quality and construction of this filter, and I’m very impressed with the condition of that transmission. A Baldwin B2 HPG went back on, and 4 quarts of HPL blue ATF went back in.

View attachment 228122

View attachment 228123

Wow, now that’s clean. Great
Work as always sir 👍🍻🇺🇸🇨🇦

Back