Bah Humbug! No Christmas spirit here!

Geez. I certainly hope that well hasn’t dried up. We take water for granted on the East Coast. Perhaps it’s something minor. Anyone else around you having the same problem? However, I know from previous posts that you’re by yourself. How old, deep is your well?

Maybe well needs to be deeper ?

Where I live we have natural springs and water rises from the ground.

Out here in New Jersey a natural spring is something that pokes you thru an old mattress. Water, on the other hand, comes magically out of a faucet. We don’t care where it comes from, or where it goes afterwards, as long as it never stops.

Well, well, well, Not all is well with the well. Well, I hope you can sort it out.
I’m not seeing the humor here. And I’m a big fan of humor because from a technical standpoint it’s all I have to contribute to this forum. I’m not a wrencher or an engineer. Chris lives in the middle of nowhere and just went thru a job change that must have caused more than a few sleepless nights. Now he has no water. If there’s a punch line to this story I’m all ears.

Does such a thing as well insurance exist? Here we have available water line insurance, gas line insurance, and sewer line insurance.

I wish I had bought the water line insurance, BEFORE the water line broke last September...

Anyway if it's available, maybe it's worth looking into.

I hope it's an easy and cheap fix.

I’m not seeing the humor here. And I’m a big fan of humor because from a technical standpoint it’s all I have to contribute to this forum. I’m not a wrencher or an engineer. Chris lives in the middle of nowhere and just went thru a job change that must have caused more than a few sleepless nights. Now he has no water. If there’s a punch line to this story I’m all ears.

I agree not cool to make fun of guy without any water....

The well guys are there now. The pump ate sand. The well is on its last legs.

They are going to put a new pump in and raise it a few ft to try to get it off the bottom.

Originally in 1965 they hit water @257ft. Today it is @266.. IMO thats not too much of a drop for 55 yrs.i believe that it fluctuates though.

The original bottom was 299ft. It is now 288 ft due to the sand and silt.

So assuming they put the pump @ about 285 ft I still have 18 or so ft of water.

Cost will be about $2200... Not as cheap as some were hoping but Not $20k+ to redrill.

Thanks. It has been a rough year for sure.

Back