Back to work and better times

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Thanks for the kind words folks. Today was a true adventure. A mechanic from the Irwin PA repair facility that was called to drive temporarily til mechanical workload picks up drove a Ford F-150 that was sold to CORRY FORD in of course CORRY PA(Erie County)

I drove a Hyundai Kona as chase vehicle. Nice ride and very rural in parts along the trip. 2.5 hours up and back each.

That sounds like a nice enjoyable drive. Take care and be safe.

Well, some guys (that were not military) got their first buzz cut recently …

Nah... Inefficient and ineffective are wasting time...

Like taking a long number wind into a 25 mph headwind...

Would you A) a basketball player at the foul line who shoots 15 percent from the line with the person needing to make both to win the game??

Or... Would you want a person that makes 96 percent of their foul shots at the line with having to make both to win the game???

It's an obvious answer here... Give me player B...

Effective.. vs a highly, highly likely chance of a loss.

Feel good stuff is not worthy of thinking it's sufficient.

It's not. Try going into a room with a person with a known infectious process doing on requiring precautions being taken.... You ain't going in there at 15-30 percent...

53 I am very happy you are doing good...

Originally Posted by bbhero
Nah... Inefficient and ineffective are wasting time...

Like taking a long number wind into a 25 mph headwind...

Would you A) a basketball player at the foul line who shoots 15 percent from the line with the person needing to make both to win the game??

Or... Would you want a person that makes 96 percent of their foul shots at the line with having to make both to win the game???

It's an obvious answer here... Give me player B...

Effective.. vs a highly, highly likely chance of a loss.

Feel good stuff is not worthy of thinking it's sufficient.

It's not. Try going into a room with a person with a known infectious process doing on requiring precautions being taken.... You ain't going in there at 15-30 percent...

53 I am very happy you are doing good...

Well I hate to channel Donald Rumsfeld, but he said "You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time". So of course option B is better than option A, but if you don't have option B and only have option C, and option C is no free throws and lose by 2 points, then A is still better than C. We don't have the masks. Wish we did.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
There is a reason why the Founding Fathers said that only certain people could live within the Constitutional Framework they created, it counted on the good character,
good sense, civility, and common good being a give among "A People". It's unfortunate we live in such a simmering divisive pot which makes things which would otherwise be good and prudent judgement a battle.

AC1DD, it's easy as to why this time is "such a simmering divisive pot". "... if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand." If everyone in the US was happy and of the same mind, that people would not be easily manipulated or controlled, and Big Bro would be easier kept in line. But once divided (and divisive), the people are more easily controlled. Wanna see proof? Look at all the recent "boiling points" where violence has broken out, and you'll find some loudmouth spewing hatred against their perceived enemy, which gives you an idea where the whole thing took root. About all I can probably say about this is do your own research and follow the money.

To quote Boots Riley:
Well I wrote this for criminals
But they the ones who wrote the laws

They ain't on TV gettin' arrested
All up in they draws
They stick their hands up politicians
Make 'em move their jaws

And they be starving folks for bread
Until their breath pause

Adam, glad things are moving back towards normal for you!
thumbsup2.gif

Glad you are back to work, as well as everyone else.
I never stopped working, my wife and I never stopped taking our vacations in 2020 either. We continued to go out to dinner as we always did EVERY weekend. Were we careful in 2020? Yes but we didnt stop living and doing what we love.
I dont listen to the hysteria, Americans watch the news because they love bad news, its nothing more then based "on a true story" soap opera.

Get out there and enjoy life, there is no reason on planet earth to avoid anything, enjoy, live.
Oh and if you dont want to die, simply get a shot, for goodness sakes, thats all you need to do. Big deal even with a vaccine you may get flu like symptoms, is this what you allow the press to reduce to you, being afraid of a cold. Good god, its laughable.

Who gives a rat about anything else. You live in the greatest country on earth, there is so much vaccine available they are PAYING people to get it. Then I have to listen to all the garbage of all the people catching it and going to the hospital, oh poor babies, well, they had a choice and choose not to get the shot. Too bad.

We are sooo short on people who are willing to work its actually holding the economy back. Companies cant get the people back to work, we are getting lazy as a people and use the soap opera news as an excuse.

Hope this doenst sound political or otherwise, Ill refrain from making any further comment.

Last edited:
States saw in increase in drug addicts ODing when all that stimulus ca$h was handed out like Halloween candy.
Very sad but true.

Yes, USA # 1 and will always be # 1 🇺🇲
Don’t like it here ?
Pack your bags and get out !!!!

Tons of jobs out there for people wanting to WORK for their paycheck.

Last edited:
States saw in increase in drug addicts ODing when all that stimulus ca$h was handed out like Halloween candy.
Very sad but true.

Don’t like it here ?

Well, two weeks ago me and older tech got nice raise. The other “younger tech” who is always late, on Facebook at his terminal and whining how the company dislikes him did NOT get any raise. He went to talk to big boss like me and other tech but he ran his mouth saying “auto industry mechanics are making this much”. Boss said “then go work for that $$$$$ if you want”

basically he was just whining cause he has 6 kids and his toothless fiancée, ex drug addict doesn’t do Jack squat for their kids.

I know politics is touchy and difficult but his the President for Everyone
This Democracy begins 😳 'we the people

Very sad but true.

Don’t like it here ?

With regards to if you don't like leave, not exactly how the USA works as people make a movement and change it hopefully for the better. Lots of adjustment between 1965-1972 for women and other races.

There are low skill jobs out there in mass however higher skill/pay ones are scooping from the quality low skill workers so the pool has shrunken. Also coupled to that is lack of foreign visa temp workers so again pool is smaller. Many factors to the issue of filling jobs and yes a factor is willing to work however that is simple answer to a much more complex set of variables.

I know politics is touchy and difficult but his the President for Everyone
This Democracy begins 😳 'we the people
Then stop - this thread is already on the edge of covid and politics
(I live in S Texas BTW) …

Back