AWD Hybrid Corvette

Can they just make a massive quantity of them? Can we have them sitting on lots with discounts again? These things are more important than what they can deliver in small marked up quantities.

I really wanted to like this car, a mid engined V8 but the styling is not for me. Too many straight lines and the rear is huge, who really cares it can handle 2 golf club sets. I have had 3 corvettes and probably wont get another.

So will it weigh about 6,000 pounds? I hope they use a 1 cylinder briggs and stratton to run the generator, that will be a nice sounding vette.

I'd take my old 58 I had as a youngster over any of the new junk built now. Sure miss the nice smell of burnt tel in those days.

Last edited:
GM can do anything to the Corvette they like. The damage was done years ago
I tend to like all of them. I don't own one and may never own one. But I do drive them from time to time. My fav so far is the C7 Z51. Front engine, rear drive has a nice feel, even if it has less traction during launch. I do find the steering just a touch numb. But other than that, they are really fun cars. I do feel the C7 has better driving dynamics than the C5 or C6.

I've not driven a C8 yet. Most people tend to like 'em.

I tend to like all of them. I don't own one and may never own one. But I do drive them from time to time. My fav so far is the C7 Z51. Front engine, rear drive has a nice feel, even if it has less traction during launch. I do find the steering just a touch numb. But other than that, they are really fun cars. I do feel the C7 has better driving dynamics than the C5 or C6.

I've not driven a C8 yet. Most people tend to like 'em.

I really enjoy my C5. While I know there is room for improvement, I still can't take full advantage of its capabilities in the AutoX course. I might be more of a motorcycle aficionado, but for my capabilities, she does just fine. I would love a chance to pilot a newer version on a good course!

There are many forums to search to agree with your stance on the subject, but if you could expand as to why, it might be fun to investigate.
It's mostly the rear end that I hate

car-logos-cool-fun-9FmX.jpg

It's mostly the rear end that I hate

View attachment 98594
It is interesting that tail and taillight design generated so much emotion. I don't love it, and I do consider "looks" important. Just not as important as the entire package. I do like the classic Corvette feel, a front engine, rear drive sports car with good weight distribution and adequate mid range acceleration. The C7 is my fav, so far, lights or no.

Some people who grew up or moved to driving sporty front wheel drive cars tend to like that arrangement. I am not among them, in any way, shape or form. I also tend not to like rear eng cars, and many mid-rear engine cars. But I've not driven the new C8.

Looks like Chevy thinks they're going to take a shot across the bow of the Porsche 918. Compelling car for folks who don't care what their car looks like as long as it's expensive and way too powerful for their abilities.

Back