Autozone lifetime warranty brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen,

Do any of you know how much pad has to be left in order to take advantage of the warranty? I've got an 06 Elantra and the rotors are starting to get warped. I want to replace them and get new brake pads to go with them, but the autozone pads on there now are only a little over a half used up. Would autozone honor the warranty when there is still pad left?

Thanks.

I can't see any reason they would warranty a pad that isn't worn out.. Check amazon for some wagner thermoquiets. Can probably get some better pads for less money than at the zone.

You could always run down some Hills and make hard stops, more weight the better.

A better option might be calling and asking about the specific requirements at the actual store you'll go. I've seen some stores be more lenient than others on warranty items

I'm a manager at autozone. Just bring them in and say you want to replace them under lifetime warranty because they started squealing. Or any other worthy excuse of your choice. But keep the excuses short, or it becomes suspicious lol.

They don't care. you could have had the pads on the car for a month and take them back and they will give them to you for free. Their lifetime warranty on most parts is no questions asked. If it makes you feel more comfortable just say they are making a nasty squeaking noise.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You'll have to buy new pads, they want the pads really low.

Not really. If the pads are all the way to the metal - then the warranty get's voided. At least in my region.

You should always buy new pads and rotors together. I'm just confused about what does honoring the Autozone warranty has to do with this. If you used more than half the pads, buy more pads.

Originally Posted By: 6starprez
You should always buy new pads and rotors together. I'm just confused about what does honoring the Autozone warranty has to do with this. If you used more than half the pads, buy more pads.

Under Autozone warranty you only buy pads once, and then just swap them out for free for as long as you own the vehicle. So now the OP brings old pads in, gets new pads, and only pays for the rotors.

We have a guy who has a '96 F-150. He got the best pads available back in 1997, and never paid for new pads ever again. He is the original owner of the truck and still drives it every day. Changes brake pads once a year (spring usually) as part of regular maintenance. Has over 550k miles on the truck.

Actually you can tell them they're squeaking really bad and they'll give you new ones. I asked the guy at O'Reillys if I could swap some out for squeaking and he said yes.

I don't shop at Autozone, and my integrity is worth more than a set of brake pads. And I'd fire a manager for lying, or suggesting to potential customers on a public forum to deceive.

Whatever happened to honesty? Maybe that's why I'm a nobody.

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
I don't shop at Autozone, and my integrity is worth more than a set of brake pads. And I'd fire a manager for lying, or suggesting to potential customers on a public forum to deceive.

Whatever floats your boat. I did not tell a single lie here. Just gave examples of what other people, customers, are doing. Do what makes YOU happy.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil

And I get paid hourly, not based on what I sell. Just trying to help those folks who are trying to save a penny here and there. And if lifetime warranty is included in the price, then why not take advantage of it? Just wait until they squeak - then replace them for free! Easy, right? And no lying
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
I can't see any reason they would warranty a pad that isn't worn out.. Check amazon for some wagner thermoquiets. Can probably get some better pads for less money than at the zone.

^^^ this. I tried the autozone lifetime pads and they made noise, huge dust clouds and did not last. The Wagner thermoquiets are just the opposite. Best pads I've fonund

Originally Posted By: topbliss
Originally Posted By: nwjones18

^^^ this. I tried the autozone lifetime pads and they made noise, huge dust clouds and did not last. The Wagner thermoquiets are just the opposite. Best pads I've fonund

Did you try the cheapest ones? There is "good", " better", "best". The mid grade is same as OEM. The cheapest, aka " good", work just as you explained: dust, noise, don't last. And of course the "best", AkA Duralast Max, is what I use and I have never had noise or dust problems. And after 20k traffic miles on a heavy Toyota Highlander Hybrid they still look and work like brand new... Just my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back