AutoRuns for Windows v8.73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to AutoRuns for Windows from Microsoft. Works on all versions of Windows including 64-bit versions.
Link To Autoruns from Microsoft.

As always it's a good idea that one does a full backup before making changes to one's system.

I use DriveImage XML. Which is a free program and it's fast and works well. I backup to an external USB hard drive. The price for them has dropped quite a bit a large I picked up a 320 Gig drive for just under $80.00 not long ago. Have a 500 Gig drive that I use mainly for pictures, etc., too.

Backup is a must in this scribes opinion as it is not if but when!

DriveImage is not only free but fast and works with Windows XP, Windows Server 2003and Vista. The program will backup, image & restore drives formatted with FAT and NTFS.

I don't know why Microsoft has to have so much stuff running at startup and all the time. All services are shut down by default in Mac OS X. You have to deliberately startup a service.

If Microsoft could get away from so many services running, get away from ActiveX Scripting, get away from Macros, and get away from Visual Basic Scripting there would be a lot less adware and spyware.

Think about it. Just by using Firefox (that does not use ActiveX) a person can avoid a lot of junk on the internet.

I think they need to rethink a lot of things at Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back