Automotive Fuse Brand/Quality

I recently discovered I'd blown a trailer turn fuse on my Ram (pretty much each pin on the 7 way has its own 20a fuse come to find out) and they were the Micro2 size which I didn't have any of, so I went down to the part store and bought a 5 pack for $5.50, then came home and promptly ordered the 105 variety pack for $10 on amazon like I had done previously for other size fuses. Then I had a thought... Do I really want to risk burning down my truck over a cheap fuse? Is there any difference in brand? Naturally a youtube video exist to answer the question.. I canceled my order and am going to toss my cheap fuse variety packs I already have and get some name brand fuses.. (Lord knows I probably won't quit backing my boat trailer in the water with the lights hooked up... haha)

Some time ago Harbor Freight sold packs of no-name fuses which were bad. They would pass much more than the rated current and not blow.

There are probably still hundreds of thousands of those defective fuses out there.

Harbor Freight wasn't the only source for them. A friend of mine had a cheap keyless entry system he bought on Ebay, the 15 amp fuse in it was one of those no-blow Chinese specials.

Why do we need so many different fuse styles?
I agree, I have to make 2 trips to the store because I bought the wrong one. The MINI and MICRO 2 are ones that got me. They looked similar but are not. :ROFLMAO:
automotive-blade-fuses-1024x771.jpg

Some time ago Harbor Freight sold packs of no-name fuses which were bad. They would pass much more than the rated current and not blow.
Please tell me they had UL and/or CE markings on them too 😳

I agree, I have to make 2 trips to the store because I bought the wrong one. The MINI and MICRO 2 are ones that got me. They looked similar but are not. :ROFLMAO:
automotive-blade-fuses-1024x771.jpg
I was in a hurry. I even had the OEM blown fuse with me. LOL
So, I grabbed the smaller fuse. And headed back home. Little did I know, it was the wrong one. My mistake. Head back to WM where I got it, returned for a refund and this I time compared the fuse side by side with the OEM fuse. ;)

Back