Automatic transmission fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1995 Saab 900 se the manual calls for ATF dexronII (type"E" whenever possible) I have drained3&3/4 qts total capacity 7.4 quarts refilled 3&3/4 qts. With Pennzoil Multi-vehicle ATF because the guys in auto parts didnt know a thing about Saabs. I read the label and it seems to be correct. I havent driven it yet am i ok with this stuff? If ok I want to run and drain again and maybe do it one last time to get most of the 7.4 quarts out. thanks (frist post be easy on me!)
pat2.gif
nobody

Dextron III replaced dextron II so I'm going to go out on a limb and say any dextron III fluid would be fine.
Not sure about the multi-universal types.

Pennz M-V ATF covers Dex III...you'll be fine. Next time, though, I'd buy a fluid labeled only Dex III, rather one that covers multiple specs. JMHO.

Jeff

You will be fine. You could have used any of the latest Dexron versions as stated.

Autoparts guys....sheesh. If you told them the car takes Dex II then, whammo they should have immediately known.

Yes, use what you have. Drive for a day or two, or a week or so, and then repeat the operation. Were it mine, I'd do it a third time.
Then I'd get a case of AMSOIL synthetic ATF and repeat the operation. Yep, I know that Saab says not to use synthetic, but I've been running AMSOIL synthetic in my Saab automatics since it came on the market almost 20 years ago. Nary a problem--at least not lube related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back