Autoblog: VW, Audi recall SUVs for potential engine failure.

You think EVs will be immune from this type of issue with suppliers?
The short answer is that as it pertains to the powertrain, the EV has far less moving parts, so by this fact alone should be more reliable. Other aspects of the EV - the chassis, suspension, cabin are clones of ICE vehicles and would be just as problematic or reliable as ICE equipped vehicles.

Batteries are the EV wild card, the safety and longevity of these is TBD.

VW had a huge supplier issue the last few years. They were involved in a protracted legal battle with a Bosnian supplier Prevent, who owns a bunch of German suppliers that are key to VW. It became so ugly that their German policy is investigating the death of a VW employee who was leaking some stuff to the press.
VW then decided to cut ties to Prevent and started to fish for other suppliers. This could be a result of that.

Attachments

• 39B4016E-F43B-4141-ABEC-9573286B42A8.jpg
    39B4016E-F43B-4141-ABEC-9573286B42A8.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 45
The short answer is that as it pertains to the powertrain, the EV has far less moving parts, so by this fact alone should be more reliable. Other aspects of the EV - the chassis, suspension, cabin are clones of ICE vehicles and would be just as problematic or reliable as ICE equipped vehicles.

Batteries are the EV wild card, the safety and longevity of these is TBD.
I was thinking more along the lines of software/update issues since I see a lot of that working in the IT field.

What does that even mean? Use your words. Just saying something is fake repeatedly carries no meaning.
If you’d read the entire conversation, you’d see I’m just ****ing with him since apparently he took my first comment regarding 0W-20 oil seriously. Use your brain. Just reading things isn’t enough, you also have to comprehend them.

The ICE is only about 100 years old technology, yes the last 30 years has seen a HUGE amount of new engineering for better economy and power per litre of displacement, but *** is happening here? It's only making the switch to EV seem more urgent.
Parts are ultimately made by people and people ain’t perfect. Sometimes things get through that shouldn’t.

If you’d read the entire conversation, you’d see I’m just ****ing with him since apparently he took my first comment regarding 0W-20 oil seriously. Use your brain. Just reading things isn’t enough, you also have to comprehend them.
Sometimes it’s hard to decipher over text alone. I was simply clarifying with the correct info. Sorry you took it so personally 🤷🏼‍♂️. The “angry faces” you left on all the comments further confused your message.

I personally wouldn’t choose a behemoth Atlas with a 4 cyl but that is not the problem here. Bummer for VW though, this happens to a lot of manufacturers some supplier nobody has ever heard of drags their name through the mud and puts a dent in their bottom line.

Sometimes it’s hard to decipher over text alone. I was simply clarifying with the correct info. Sorry you took it so personally 🤷🏼‍♂️. The “angry faces” you left on all the comments further confused your message.
Internet iz srs bidnez y0

Yeah, replaced an engine for this last week. Number one big end bearing gone. What remained was welded to the crankshaft. Had only done 400 miles. Full new engine fitted. You get about 23 hours for the job.

Does that crystal ball enable you to read and comprehend the English language? Lmao
You aren't very good at coming off as being sarcastic through text with your angry face responses. It seemed the poster you were replying to was even confused. No hard feelings though man, I get it you were poking fun.

Yeah, replaced an engine for this last week. Number one big end bearing gone. What remained was welded to the crankshaft. Had only done 400 miles. Full new engine fitted. You get about 23 hours for the job.
Wow. :oops: That is more than I figured it would be.

Back