Auto RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Trajan brought it up here's MMO in greater detail:

This was borrowed from a thread a while ago.

70% Light Aromatic Oil (Pale Oil)
- It is a Naphthenic Oil, so while it oxidizes faster than a Paraffinic oil, it does clean and dissolve sludge and carbon well and cleans up after itself from any oxidation. serves as base oil as well. [Naphthenic oils have more solvency and are more polar (they are attracted to metal more), but oxidize faster.

29% Mineral Spirits
- Cleans Varnish very well. General cleaner. Also acts as an antioxidant.

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron
- AW/EP agent, friction reducer, antioxidant

900 ppm Phosporous
- AW/EP agent

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene
- EP agent as it interacts with Iron to form an Iron chloride barrier under any ZDDP or other AW additives. Also very good cleaner/solvent, and friction reducer

Oil of wintergreen - for the scent
- Not just for the cent, is also a cleaner. may aid lubricity.

Red Dye - for the color
- well this one just colors the stuff

I for one do not care if a product contains old or new chemistry.

My primary concern is efficacy. If it works I may buy it again!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I for one do not care if a product contains old or new chemistry.

My primary concern is efficacy. If it works I may buy it again!

Same here, if it works I use it. Think about it, how much has the chemistry of sludge and varnish changed? Not that much I bet.

The one thing I know about MMO is that it has been around for many decades. So it seems to me that if people were not getting any results using MMO or if it damaged engines people would have stopped using it a long time ago and it would have disappeared from the market. And if it damaged engines there should be a history available to demonstrate this. After all, MMO is readily available at many locations including Wal-Mart Stores.

I do not want to discuss Auto-RX but the one thing I noticed is that a seal leak stopped in a car I used to own after an Auto-RX cleaning. So it may have an ability to stop seal leaks.

And speaking about discussing Auto-RX I would kind of like to hear what Skyship says about Auto-RX. He seems to comment on every other oil supplement including Kreen and MMO.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

And speaking about discussing Auto-RX I would kind of like to hear what Skyship says about Auto-RX. He seems to comment on every other oil supplement including Kreen and MMO.

He's probably on the bus with the chappies testing it.
19.gif

It is taking the chappies a long time to do that testing. And they still have to test MMO, Kreen, and Neutra! They better put in some overtime!

I've used ARX for several years now. My first treatment on my '95 Civic impressed me enough to buy a case of it when Frank had a case sale going on. I still have a bunch of bottles left too.

The tin-can wonder just turned 150K miles and it still uses virtually zero oil. I do use LC20 in it and top it off with about 1.5 ounces every 1000 miles.

It worked and does work for me, YMMV.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Its awful fishy! The company is trying everything they can to push this stuff again on BITOG since they have this new and improved version...Nothing in this post to cause a lock.

Not worth a lock, but not worth the time you spent to post it either. Seriously, a 3 year+ member with over 500 posts gives a success story and you think it's appropriate to accuse him of being a plant? You need to get a life.

Originally Posted By: greenjp
Its awful fishy! The company is trying everything they can to push this stuff again on BITOG since they have this new and improved version...Nothing in this post to cause a lock.

Not worth a lock, but not worth the time you spent to post it either. Seriously, a 3 year+ member with over 500 posts gives a success story and you think it's appropriate to accuse him of being a plant? You need to get a life.

If you are using a Synthetic oil leave the wizards in a bottle on the shelf if you are using anything less then yes they may be of some benefit but at the and of the day you are just trying to turn a dog into a fox.

But this is from a kreen shill.

^^^There's that derogatory term again!

Prove it. Or stop labeling folks around here as shills.

I must have missed where you upbraided Trav for suggesting that the OP was an AutoRX shill
21.gif

^^^There's that derogatory term again!

Prove it. Or stop labeling folks around here as shills.

I must have missed where you upbraided Trav for suggesting that the OP was an AutoRX shill
21.gif

I missed it too.

But I haven't missed where ARX and its users get all the grief.

Funny how he wants "proof", when he claimed once that asking for such is arrogance.

Last edited:

But it's ok for Trajan to call us shills for liking Kreen? What a double standard.

All I ever did here was post my exact experiences with a product, yet I never heard you jump up to defend anyone!

If the tri esters are attracted to metal and there is significant build up, is it any surprise that Auto RX might not work?

On the other hand, if coking is uneven / irregular / not too thick, then it seems there is a better chance for it to work, just like synthetic oils can clean relatively minor cases.

Rather than a black and white back and forth on whether it works or not, maybe we should qualify the circumstances where it has been tried and worked and didn't work.

But it's ok for Trajan to call us shills for liking Kreen? What a double standard.

All I ever did here was post my exact experiences with a product, yet I never heard you jump up to defend anyone!

I'm not defending anyone but the OP. I'm in favor of people meaningfully contributing in ways relevant to the OP. OP posted an AutoRX success story, Trav jumped in as per usual and accused him in a roundabout way of being an AutoRX plant. Inappropriate and irrelevant. Trajan used the word shill but make no mistake that's exactly what Trav was accusing the OP of doing. Both Trajan and I were responding to an inappropriate post made by Trav, which you followed up ours with a curiously one-sided concern regarding the use of the term shill. I pointed out the apparent hypocrisy in your lack of concern for Trav's accusation.

I don't care one way or the other who uses and likes whatever product but the fact of the matter is the signal-to-noise ratio of this board has suffered due to the proclivity of a small number of very vocal Kreen users for posting in nearly every thread. It's tiresome.

jeff

Point to one post where i called the OP a shill.
I could care less what you assume. Post it or drop it.
I said..
Quote:
IMO as someone who spent a lot of money on this product with very poor results every single new review of this stuff should be viewed with extreme skepticism.
I highly encourage readers of these post to look up all the old post about this product to get a balanced view point.

@ Jeff,

Ok, so you don't agree. I'm fine with that. You are entitled to your opinion.

But the word "shill" has a specific meaning. And I won't defend anyone who uses it without proof. Not even Trav. It's derogatory.

Better get used to contradictory opinions. You certainly are not required to endorse them or 'like' them, but they will be posted nonetheless. The purpose of this board is to discuss, and luckily certain individuals do not get to decide who gets to post.

Enthusiasm for a product that works is not yet a criminal offense here. Is it?

Last edited:
Point to one post where i called the OP a shill.
I could care less what you assume. Post it or drop it...

Trav, I know you're not stupid so don't act that way. Your first paragraph in your first post was:
"Its awful fishy! The company is trying everything they can to push this stuff again on BITOG since they have this new and improved version."
So what exactly is "awful fishy"? And the second part is clearly an implication that the OP is part of "the company" "push(ing) this stuff again on BITOG..." If you weren't regarding the OP, what was this supposed to be? A witty non-sequiter? Don't make very clear implications and then hide behind the fact that you avoided using a specific term, it's intellectually dishonest and completely transparent.

jeff

@ Jeff,

Ok, so you don't agree. I'm fine with that. You are entitled to your opinion.

But the word "shill" has a specific meaning. And I won't defend anyone who uses it without proof. Not even Trav. It's derogatory.

Better get used to contradictory opinions. You certainly are not required to endorse them or 'like' them, but they will be posted nonetheless. The purpose of this board is to discuss, and luckily certain individuals do not get to decide who gets to post.

Enthusiasm for a product that works is not yet a criminal offense here. Is it?

I've been around this site for a long time (if not as prolific a poster as some) and am quite used to contradictory opinions and whatnot. In fact I'd agree that sharing of opinions and information is the reason for the board in the first place. However, Trav's post was purely inappropriate innuendo that didn't add anything to this thread. Is it necessary or helpful to post that sort of thing in every AutoRX thread?

jeff

Hey listen don't put words in my mouth. I didn't call the guy a shill! End of story.
I don't care what you think it is or isn't, your opinion on this matter is of no importance whatsoever to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back