Auto RX Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on doing an Auto RX on my car, as I have heard so much great press from this site, and my car just crossed the 300,000 km mark (almost 200,000 mile) so I want to give my car a present. My question is my car is only 4 years old, (yep is always on highway) and has always has Castrol Syntec in it, with 10,000 km/6,000 mile changes on it. I have had the valve cover off and isn't very dirty under there, no sludge or anything. Wondering if under these circumstances if I need to do the 2 bottle flush, as car has over 100,000 miles or if one bottle will do as might be a special case.

Also wondering, it says that the Auto-RX should be left in car for 750 miles, but last week alone I put over 2,500 kms (1600 miles)on my car. Will it be ok to go this long without touching filter, or draining, and will the Auto-RX have a long enough time in engine to do its work in under a week?

Since Auto-rx does it's best cleaning when the engine is hot, your driving conditions are perfect for it! I would put it in, drive it for a week and then change it out. 2500km is a good interval to run it for.

Since you do mostly highway your engine should be clean enough to only need one treatment. What kind of car is it?

This engine is defintely a two bottle application
mileage makes that clear(using a semi-synthetic another reason to follow application instructions, including non synthetic rinse oil after each Auto-Rx application ))Benefit this car owner has he will clean quickly and hope he post results.

Its an Acura Integra, and I don't baby it, but is still in perfect shape from what I can tell. It doesn't burn any oil, can go 10,000 kms and not need to add any, and that is with 5W30. And has never had a single problem yet to date. When I had the valve cover off doing valve adjustment, still looked perfectly clean, not a single but of sludge anywhere to be seen, just a bit of browning coloring on the metal, but metal still shone. That is why I was wondering if I needed 2 shots or 1. As far as posting results, I will post what I can see, but I am not sure I will see much of a difference, as is fairly clean already. Hopefully I will feel a bit of difference though to post. I wish I had a compression tester.

Actually looking at your website, of the pic of the 1990 Integra with 124,000 miles after the second treatment of Auto-RX and I beleive mine is as clean as that before treatment.

Ok, just got done ordering 3 bottles. My last question. Is it ok to add the first bottle to GC, as that is what I will be putting in on next oil change, or should I hold off on that, and put dino in ??? Hope it comes soon, can't wait to try it out for myself.

read the post about "maintenance dose". Really want to play around with your seals?
Looks like RX does something that requires that continue to use it if going synthetic.

Something in that thread doesn't sound right or add up.

Lemme get this straight...you used a synthetic oil regularily for the car's life...the engine look spotless...and you want to use auto-rx for what?

Yep car has had so called synthetic. Castrol Syntec 5W30, 5W50 and 0W30 since new. I have never put anything else in it, and yes have had it since new, and has always been a hard driven highway car. Just doing it to make sure there is no varnish/sludge hiding somewhere in enginewhere you can't see with valve cover off, which leaves a large precentage. Why wait until you have a problem before you do something about it. And yes I want this car to make the million km mark with original engine, just to say it did. After hitting this forum, and learning so much, after I do the Auto-RX, am gonna be using only GC in it or if that is not readily available Mobil 1

Dr. T the engine looks spotless where? How can you see the ringpack, valve stem seals and so on unless you have X-ray vision which us mortals don't. By your reckoning my Outback which at 80,000kms highway use and currently on it's 3rd RX bottle after previously running noted cleaning oils Delvac 1 & Redline etc should have clean oil after 2,700kms? You'd better enlighten me why the oil is dark and getting darker by the day.

Bottom line is what did we all do before auto-rx?? Were all engines doomed by 100k? Why use synth. at all? Don't synth's contain esters just as auto-rx does or are we talking higher doses here? How clean is clean...after all, there is combustion going on...shouldn't synthetic oil be all that's necessary unless there's been previous abuse/neglect?

There is a world of chemical difference between a "Natural Ester" used in Auto-Rx and a "Synthetic Ester" used in
synthetic oil.Problem Auto-Rx has with synthetic esters is they are a major part of complex additive package and they want space on the engine metal. Auto-Rx wants space on engine metal also.This is reason it takes longer to clean engine with synthetic oil and Auto-Rx,than when using dino oil, which has simple additive package that works with Auto-Rx and does not compete for space on engine metal.

We know that esters can come from different sources and they come in different types...however, are you saying that the esters in synthetic oils are not responsible for cleaning or do not clean as well auto-rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back